Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I am having the same damn problem. The installers did not trim my bump-stops and my ride when hitting significant dips and bumps is worse than stock. How much trouble was it to install the Steeda bump-stops after you had already installed the springs and shocks?
Good morning, please pm your contact info. We will verify the root cause and provide corrective action.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
On another note, we are having our 4th of July sale ...

1170x400_4thofjuly_homepage.jpg

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I am having the same damn problem. The installers did not trim my bump-stops and my ride when hitting significant dips and bumps is worse than stock. How much trouble was it to install the Steeda bump-stops after you had already installed the springs and shocks?
Any luck getting the bump stops trimmed down.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just had these installed with the dual rate springs - I can definitely feel a great improvement over stock. Some of the bumpier roads that I had traveled on are less jarring & more controlled.

I plan on taking it for some miles tomorrow on the expressway - pictures to follow & more feedback to come.

So far ... happy with the results from appearance to ride quality.

TJ

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
The good folks at Steeda sent me the correct size bump stops for my set-up free of charge after seeing what problems I was having. I am having a different installer put these on the 18th of this month. I am not sure the guys that did my initial install knew what the hell the were doing and I don't have any confidence in them now to take it back. The moment I explained what my car was doing to the guy that will be doing this install he immediately said they didn't trim the bump stops when they lowered your car did they......so he is familiar with the problem. The car rides and drives much better with the exception of hitting a significant dip or bump and then it will damn near bounce you out of the seat. I am confident that the bump-stops are the problem. The car drives too good otherwise. I would highly suggest anyone who is lowering you car just purchase the Steeda bump-stops and that way you won't have a problem with the failure to trim the stock ones.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I just had these installed with the dual rate springs - I can definitely feel a great improvement over stock. Some of the bumpier roads that I had traveled on are less jarring & more controlled.

I plan on taking it for some miles tomorrow on the expressway - pictures to follow & more feedback to come.

So far ... happy with the results from appearance to ride quality.

TJ
Very interesting to hear you paired the ProActives with the Dual Rate Springs. If they work well with high rate setups I might try these in lieu of my current setup or the Bilsteins. Looking forward to the review.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I took it on the highway & pushed it pretty hard - also driving on some pretty crappy roads ... I definitely enjoy the ride.

Now, take this review as I am a normal guy & not a performance guru with a racing background - just a Marketing & Communications guy that enjoys the performance aspect of the marketplace with the blessing of working at Steeda.

I have driven some of the Steeda Mustangs with the Steeda Progressives & the Fixed Pro Actions ... not enough to make a comparative analysis but I can say for certain, from stock to the new set-up ... no loss in comfort & drivability is a lot more fun.

The car is more responsive & feels more predictable.

Happy to answer any questions or provide more feedback if would like.

TJ

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
Got the new bump-stops Steeda sent me installed this morning. Took the installer about an hour and a half to install front and rear. Not only did the original installers not trim the OEM bump-stops the front drivers side one was installed upside down. Ho-Lee-Cow what a difference. I was skeptical that the bump-stops were the problem but they most certainly were. The car now drives and handles like it should have from the factory. I highly recommend my set-up. Steeda progressive springs with the pro-active shocks. Not only does it ride and handle much better it looks the part too. A word to the wise......make sure the installer you choose knows what the hell they are doing and don’t trim the OEM bump-stops get the Steeda ones made for your application.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the new bump-stops Steeda sent me installed this morning. Took the installer about an hour and a half to install front and rear. Not only did the original installers not trim the OEM bump-stops the front drivers side one was installed upside down. Ho-Lee-Cow what a difference. I was skeptical that the bump-stops were the problem but they most certainly were. The car now drives and handles like it should have from the factory. I highly recommend my set-up. Steeda progressive springs with the pro-active shocks. Not only does it ride and handle much better it looks the part too. A word to the wise......make sure the installer you choose knows what the hell they are doing and don’t trim the OEM bump-stops get the Steeda ones made for your application.
Thank you for the feedback - unfortunately, once the parts leave our facility & they are installed ... as shown above, anything can happen!! Glad you were able to get everything taken care & get your car back to enjoyable.

TJ

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Review time.

Purchased the active shocks/struts with progressive springs and coupled it all with Steeda bump stops, camber plates, and shock mounts. Paid extra for pre-assembly and the time saved amd knowing it was all put together properly was worth the price.

Local road driving, some of it under construction, as well as highway driving. First thing I noticed was how much more responsive it is compared to my Airlift setup. Great control and road feedback but still comfy enough for my near-daily warm weather driving. Would highly recommend this setup.

The progressives are low! Ironically enough my normal drive height on Airlift was higher! An alignment soon to put the cherry on my suspension sundae.
20190730_132754.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the feedback - we are very pleased with the feedback thus far on the Progressives & the Active Shocks & Struts.

Thank you for choosing Steeda!

TJ

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sorry if I missed a previous answer couldn't find anything. What springs are these optimised for?

Vincent518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Review time.

Purchased the active shocks/struts with progressive springs and coupled it all with Steeda bump stops, camber plates, and shock mounts. Paid extra for pre-assembly and the time saved amd knowing it was all put together properly was worth the price.

Local road driving, some of it under construction, as well as highway driving. First thing I noticed was how much more responsive it is compared to my Airlift setup. Great control and road feedback but still comfy enough for my near-daily warm weather driving. Would highly recommend this setup.

The progressives are low! Ironically enough my normal drive height on Airlift was higher! An alignment soon to put the cherry on my suspension sundae.
20190730_132754.jpg
Looks good! What size tire/rim and offset you running?
Sponsored