Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
@SteedaTech; compared to the PP1 shocks, how is the damping of the proactives?
I just installed them, ( with minimun drop steedas, that I already have installed) and the feeling when hit imperfections in the road, it's not what I expected.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, what
I just installed them, ( with minimun drop steedas, that I already have installed) and the feeling when hit imperfections in the road, it's not what I expected.
^^^ Yeah, what's up with that? How do they compare to the original factory struts?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Over the rough roads it should have a softer ride and they firm up over smoother surfaces.
Steeda Tech

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Come on @SteedaTech , where are the dyno charts for these vs their Koni counterparts vs stock vs Steeda Adjustables?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Here is a good video from Koni. Also,dyno graph for comparison to a conventional damper. Steeda has it own proprietary valving geared towards ride quality and handling.

ACTIVE_InfoGraph_small.jpg

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
SteedaTech -

How will these shocks/struts pair with the Ford Performance M-5300-X Street Lowing Springs (1” drop)? Thanks!

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
SteedaTech -

How will these shocks/struts pair with the Ford Performance M-5300-X Street Lowing Springs (1” drop)? Thanks!
If the spring rates are below 200lbs/in front and 900lbs/rear you should be fine.Use the Ford bump stops supplied with your springs
Steeda Tech

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
If the spring rates are below 200lbs/in front and 900lbs/rear you should be fine.Use the Ford bump stops supplied with your springs
Steeda Tech
Thanks for the swift reply!

I am assuming the they are as they are mild "street" level - but cannot find a source to verify.

If anyone knows, please chime in.

I'll give Ford Performance a call in the next few days too.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks for the swift reply!

I am assuming the they are as they are mild "street" level - but cannot find a source to verify.

If anyone knows, please chime in.

I'll give Ford Performance a call in the next few days too.
Just confirmed with our engineering dept that they will work with just fine with your X springs.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the active struts/shocks with the progressive springs and accompanying accoutremonts.

Look forward to the new ride quality. Not that the airlift has been bad, just moving on to something different.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We look forward to your review!

TJ

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
@SteedaTech :

UPDATE: Inmediately after my post, Mike from Steeda contact me. He went step by step of my install. He concluded that my bump stops were not trimmed properly for my specific steeda spring. I have to accept that I was not so sure that they were the cause of the noises. He sent me new bump stops...yesterday install them, and perfect!
Better ride over uneven surfaces, better at highway, and flat when cornering. Definitely and improvement over the PP1 shocks with Steeda's minimun drop. Most important, the excellent service and interest in backing customer satisfaction with their product. Thanks Mike.

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
@SteedaTech :

UPDATE: Inmediately after my post, Mike from Steeda contact me. He went step by step of my install. He concluded that my bump stops were not trimmed properly for my specific steeda spring. I have to accept that I was not so sure that they were the cause of the noises. He sent me new bump stops...yesterday install them, and perfect!
Better ride over uneven surfaces, better at highway, and flat when cornering. Definitely and improvement over the PP1 shocks with Steeda's minimun drop. Most important, the excellent service and interest in backing customer satisfaction with their product. Thanks Mike.
I am having the same damn problem. The installers did not trim my bump-stops and my ride when hitting significant dips and bumps is worse than stock. How much trouble was it to install the Steeda bump-stops after you had already installed the springs and shocks?
Sponsored