Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Pro-Active Dampers (15-19 All)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We recommend the progressive springs.

TJ
Sponsored

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Just got these put on in replacement of steeda adj pro action shocks/struts. It seems like this kit addresses all the complaints I had with the pro actions on the softest setting. On smooth roads It felt a lot better and buttoned down. No more of that initial deep squat Id get coming off of small bumps and gaps. I think I noticed all this mainly bc i swapped the progressives out for the ultralite linear springs as well. Car handles much better. I have a pretty modded suspension so honestly, I wasnt expecting to feel that much of a difference. But it's there. I recommend.
Bravo Steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, for road or track use? I don't track the car and drive on some pretty potholed / broken roads.
For the road, the actives are not necessarily recommended for track use - we would steer you into the Pro Actions for track use.

TJ

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Would these pair up decently with sportlines?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would these pair up decently with sportlines?
If the spring rates are below 200lbs/in front and 900lbs/rear you should be fine.Use the Ford bump stops supplied with your springs
Steeda Tech

I believe the spring rates on the Sportlines are much higher in the front.

TJ

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
Just for the record now that I have put right at 1,000 miles on my ride since the change to the Steeda pro-active and progressive spring set-up. The more I drive this car the better I like the way it rides and handles. I don't know if it's just in my head or not, but the ride the past 500 miles has softened quite a bit over the first 500. This is a much more compliant ride than stock while at the same time handling better as well. I am very pleased with this set-up and highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a better ride than stock while not losing the good handling characteristics. The lowered stance IMO looks great as well.

aross99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (on order)
I have a 2019 PP1 Mustang with stock suspension, would the active shocks and progressive springs provide a smoother ride over rough roads than just the active shocks and structs with the PP1 springs? I am not looking to lower the car, just smooth out the ride.

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2019 PP1 Mustang with stock suspension, would the active shocks and progressive springs provide a smoother ride over rough roads than just the active shocks and structs with the PP1 springs? I am not looking to lower the car, just smooth out the ride.
The pro-actives were designed to work with stock springs, so you should get a much better ride with just adding the shocks. I have the Steeda's with the progressive springs and I am very satisfied with the ride quality. I was not looking for a lowered stance either, but I must say I like the looks of it much more than I thought I would. Jigar at Steeda implied that the set-up with the progressives would get much better handling characteristics than just adding the pro-actives with stock springs. Maybe so, or maybe he was just making a sales pitch, I can't really say for sure since I have never ridden in one with pro-actives and stock springs....but I can say my car handles great and has a much more compliant ride with this set-up.

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The pro-actives were designed to work with stock springs, so you should get a much better ride with just adding the shocks. I have the Steeda's with the progressive springs and I am very satisfied with the ride quality. I was not looking for a lowered stance either, but I must say I like the looks of it much more than I thought I would. Jigar at Steeda implied that the set-up with the progressives would get much better handling characteristics than just adding the pro-actives with stock springs. Maybe so, or maybe he was just making a sales pitch, I can't really say for sure since I have never ridden in one with pro-actives and stock springs....but I can say my car handles great and has a much more compliant ride with this set-up.

I've got a 2015 Ecoboost Premium with the following Steeda mods: progressive springs, non-adjustable shocks/struts, bumpstops, billet rear shock mounts, front roll/center bumpsteer kit, rear camber adjustment kit. What percentage of improvement will these new Pro-Actives offer over my present set-up? If I'm gonna shell out more coin, it's got to be worth it, right? lol

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Ronnie,

Send me your contact info - let me put you in contact with one of the members of our R & D team. Shobi above had some pretty good feedback in regards to switching from the Adjustables to the Actives.

I will get you more information.

TJ

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Ronnie,

Send me your contact info - let me put you in contact with one of the members of our R & D team. Shobi above had some pretty good feedback in regards to switching from the Adjustables to the Actives.

TJ
[email protected]

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a 2015 Ecoboost Premium with the following Steeda mods: progressive springs, non-adjustable shocks/struts, bumpstops, billet rear shock mounts, front roll/center bumpsteer kit, rear camber adjustment kit. What percentage of improvement will these new Pro-Actives offer over my present set-up? If I'm gonna shell out more coin, it's got to be worth it, right? lol
I came from totally stock, but if I were to put a number on it I would say my car rides 10-15% better than it did with the stock set-up. Make no mistake it is still very stiff, and IMO the one drawback of an otherwise fantastic car, but better than before. If that is worth the extra money is an individual opinion.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Ronnie,

TJ
Thanx.
Sponsored