Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
TJ,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I don't think these parts are the reason. With the trunk exposed, higher chance of incidental smell into the car.

I probably need to put a simple panel over the opening to the trunk. (The rear-seat delete kits out there are just too pricey for the value!)

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Hello Chris, I see you do not have upgraded shocks & struts.

These are a very high rate springs and the factory shocks and struts are not made to work with them.

Our shocks and struts should be used with these springs, understand it will be a cost to upgrade but wanted to see if you were interested.

Please send me your contact info & we can start the discussion.

TJ
TJ,
No, I am not on factory shocks/struts. I am actually on Steeda Pro Action Fixed dampers...

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Great pic from Sebring in action! Sporting 18x11 with 315x30x18 on all four corners!
Hi Everyone, I have been getting great reports from our customers and team members, that these springs are awesome! They provide a outstanding ride quality while keeping the car planted! Best paired with the Pro-Action Struts and Shocks!

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's Dual Rate Comp Springs in action!

Wildcatgoal running at speed!! Awesome photo!! Thank you Team Steeda!
Nick kilduff.jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wildcatgoal running at speed!! Awesome photo!! Thank you Team Steeda!
Some toasty rotors you got there [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION]

Really looking forward to the install. I now have everything I need to start this. Now I just need time... do you have a 28 hour day in stock? :D

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I just want to give a big thanks to Mike at Steeda!! He spent a couple weeks with me to get rid of the noise I was getting after doing this install. Everything is great, the car is AMAZING on track with these springs and couldn't be happier!!

Thanks again Mike!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Some toasty rotors you got there [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION]

Really looking forward to the install. I now have everything I need to start this. Now I just need time... do you have a 28 hour day in stock? :D
I'm hoping my photo package that will be coming soon has some even better shots! I may or may not have purposefully braked like an ape to try and get glowing rotor shots during a few of the night run laps. :headbang: Didn't feel like I was braking like an ape though - which tells me I got more in this car than my own wee temperament can handle.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I just want to give a big thanks to Mike at Steeda!! He spent a couple weeks with me to get rid of the noise I was getting after doing this install. Everything is great, the car is AMAZING on track with these springs and couldn't be happier!!

Thanks again Mike!

How was the issue resolved?

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
Question for SteedaTech:

Using this thread, as I have earlier posts with all the suspension gear I've installed, but the question is about the Steeda camber plates.

I took the car to a shop to do the front/rear alignment after installing the Steeda goodies: adj shocks/dual-rate springs/IRS bushings,etc. (BTW, the guys that run this shop are racers, so I'm confident they know what they are doing - I drive extra far to have them do the work.)

* Even with the camber plates, they were only able to get to -2.0 ~ -2.1 deg of camber on the front. I had hoped for -2.5, and the specs say they should do -2.8. Any ideas?? Is it even possible to install incorrectly? I went very slow and believe I did it right.

Looking forward to trying all these parts out on track at MSR-Cresson in October.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
How was the issue resolved?
Rubber spring isolators...put them on the first full coil from the top where the spring pitch is very parallel. No noise at all now...simple fix too. didn't even take the wheels off to put the isolators on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Question for SteedaTech:

Using this thread, as I have earlier posts with all the suspension gear I've installed, but the question is about the Steeda camber plates.

I took the car to a shop to do the front/rear alignment after installing the Steeda goodies: adj shocks/dual-rate springs/IRS bushings,etc. (BTW, the guys that run this shop are racers, so I'm confident they know what they are doing - I drive extra far to have them do the work.)

* Even with the camber plates, they were only able to get to -2.0 ~ -2.1 deg of camber on the front. I had hoped for -2.5, and the specs say they should do -2.8. Any ideas?? Is it even possible to install incorrectly? I went very slow and believe I did it right.

Looking forward to trying all these parts out on track at MSR-Cresson in October.

Thanks,
Steve
You should get up to 3 degrees neg camber. Pm your contact info and i will go over the install with you.

Thanks,

Mike D

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an install we recently did at our Valdosta, GA facility - Comp fronts springs, with adjustable Pro Actions and stock rears springs:
omp fronts springs, with adjustable Pro Actions and stock rears springs.jpg
unnamed (7).jpg

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Here is an install we recently did at our Valdosta, GA facility - Comp fronts springs, with adjustable Pro Actions and stock rears springs:
How bad does it understeer? That is a huge change up front with minimal change in back.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How bad does it understeer? That is a huge change up front with minimal change in back.
It definitely would push a lot, unless the rears at higher rates come later or it has say, front bar at full soft, rear bar at full stiff. I wouldn't recommend that though, as you'll be more likely to unload the inside rear tire and lose the ability to put power down. Heavier spring and less bar on the rear of this car is good vs. heavy bar and light spring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I questioned the team about this as well. The customer will be completing the project in the near future, which will include the Steeda rear dual rate springs.

Thanks,
Steeda Tech
Mike D
Sponsored