Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda Dual rate springs in action!! The Ultimate in handling with Street manors!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
More info
Steeda’s Dual Rate Coil Springs

Steeda’s line of Dual Rate Coil Springs takes competition coil spring design to the next level. These springs essentially provide the performance of an optimized stacked spring set-up, but in a single spring. The Dual Rate Spring combines a relatively low initial spring rate, designed to absorb minor undulations and increase grip with a precise transition point and transition range to a secondary higher spring rate to improve roll control during cornering.

The precise placement of the transition range in the total spring displacement enables accurate shock valving because the initial rate is very linear and the transition range to the secondary rate is quite short.
Steeda Tech

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you mean compression travel, Norm. I was told it was about 6mm of shaft motion at the 800lb/in rate so around 10mm at the wheel before it engages the 1200lb/in rate. At equilibrium the car is sitting on 800lb rate.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think you mean compression travel, Norm. I was told it was about 6mm of shaft motion at the 800lb/in rate so around 10mm at the wheel before it engages the 1200lb/in rate. At equilibrium the car is sitting on 800lb rate.
That's the difference between a dual rate spring that's more of a 'tender spring' vs one that's more of a 'helper spring'. It appears that Steeda has taken the tender spring approach here vs BMR apparently taking the helper spring approach with their dual-rate springs (the ones I have for my car have the car sitting statically at the firm rate and the 'soft' rate beginning at some amount of rebound travel).

Norm

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
More info
Steeda’s Dual Rate Coil Springs

Steeda’s line of Dual Rate Coil Springs takes competition coil spring design to the next level. These springs essentially provide the performance of an optimized stacked spring set-up, but in a single spring. The Dual Rate Spring combines a relatively low initial spring rate, designed to absorb minor undulations and increase grip with a precise transition point and transition range to a secondary higher spring rate to improve roll control during cornering.

The precise placement of the transition range in the total spring displacement enables accurate shock valving because the initial rate is very linear and the transition range to the secondary rate is quite short.
Steeda Tech
A tender spring is meant to be used in conjunction with a much stiffer linear rate main spring.
A helper spring is used to keep the main spring tight between the perches when the suspension is at full droop

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to share the latest review with you:

Product Name: Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs (2015-2021)
Headline: Ultimate handling springs.
Name: Scott

Review: I had another brand of springs on my 2016 GT and the ride always felt a little rough. I realize having so many suspension mods on this thing it won't ride like a luxury car, but I can say I definitely noticed a difference after I installed the dual-rate ultimate handling springs. Awesome handling and a smoother ride. I believe it also helps that I have a full Steeda suspension and chassis mods. I can outhandle almost anything out there.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All:

This review pretty much nails it ...

Product Name: Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Lowering Springs (2015-2021)

Headline: Engineer

Review: I was running another brand of springs and I should have switched sooner. Night and day difference. I drive my Mustang hard autobahn or track. Wow I couldn't be happier.

Rating: 5

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Bringing this one back to the front…any further findings, feedback, or input in regards to running these with the factory magneride? More specifically on a 350?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Chris - our Marketing Director runs the bars on his GT350 - here is his build,

I believe he has run a couple of different combinations of Swaybars on the car - you can give him a call or ping him on here - he is at Mustang Week.

Also, you can shoot me your contact info & we'll get you squared away with Rodney who is one of our in-house experts.

Let me know either way.

TJ
Sponsored