Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Tech, I checked out suspension kits offered on the Steeda web page. How about giving us some additional definitions. I have at 17 GT with PP. I would love to see an comparison of the NON PP GT to the PP and to the Steeda options.
Thanks
Dennis
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda Tech, I checked out suspension kits offered on the Steeda web page. How about giving us some additional definitions. I have at 17 GT with PP. I would love to see an comparison of the NON PP GT to the PP and to the Steeda options.
Thanks
Dennis
There are some awesome definitions here and here. This is what I used to make my decision.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thanks
Dennis
The Steeda Dual Rate Comp Spring is not even in the same league as the standard or pp spring rates. These springs are designed for the on track performance enthusiast with exceptional ride quality, paired up with our adjustable Pro-Action shocks. Plus, it provides a awesome stance.
2017-06-20_02-20-43.jpg 2016.jpg

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
I just installed these springs, they feel superb on the highway, ride quality is not too harsh compared to stock, I was actually surprised they are so smooth and compliant on the street for DD.

over small bumps at very low speeds I also get a clunk/tuck noise, the same type of clunk a loose sway bay end link makes, but much quieter, retorqued the top strut nut and it didn't help.

when I get my alignment done I will get my guy to loosen then torque all the bushings to the new ride height.
Fixed the clunk @ low speeds over bumps, left front strut shoulder wasnt fully flush against top hat, causing torque to be correct but seating incorrect.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the update & glad you found the fix!

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
Steeda Upgrade Report

Referencing my prior post from 7/28/17 (#148 page 10)

Well, I FINALLY got to try out the new Steeda dual-rate springs, adjustable shocks, etc. on track at MSR - Cresson, TX, last weekend.

The car felt great, and the biggest thing I noticed was the ability to get down into Apexes, where I have not been able to before.

Initial settings: (Thanks for the recommendations Steeda team!)
Front & Rear shocks: 1.25 turns from Soft
Front Swaybar: 2nd hole (from end/softest)
Rear Swaybar: Last hole (end/softest)
Camber: F -2.6*, R -2.0* w/ slight Toe out

Results: I actually did not really improve my best time over my prior run at the same track in March. But, my average times were much more consistent and probably 1~2 seconds lower. I blame the lack of setting a new personal best more on me at this point. I'm still learning the car, as this is only my 3rd time running the 2017, after years in my 2008 S197.

I did have the confidence to take my "Red-check" and am now in the highest run group with The Drivers Edge. :thumbsup:

Will be running again in a few weeks, and once I get comfortable, I'll start looking at how to dial-in the car. [I have to change the diff and tranny fluid, got the "Diff overheating warning". Pushing "too hard"! :D ]

Thought I'd share a picture that most shows the suspension at work below. The outer tires are planted, and there is a bit of body roll, but not much considering the "soft-ish" settings.

Thanks Steeda! :ford:
MSR 10-17 pic.jpg

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Well, I FINALLY got to try out the new Steeda dual-rate springs, adjustable shocks, etc. on track at MSR - Cresson, TX, last weekend.

The car felt great, and the biggest thing I noticed was the ability to get down into Apexes, where I have not been able to before.

Results: I actually did not really improve my best time over my prior run at the same track in March. But, my average times were much more consistent and probably 1~2 seconds lower. I blame the lack of setting a new personal best more on me at this point. I'm still learning the car, as this is only my 3rd time running the 2017, after years in my 2008 S197.

I did have the confidence to take my "Red-check" and am now in the highest run group with The Drivers Edge. :thumbsup:

Will be running again in a few weeks, and once I get comfortable, I'll start looking at how to dial-in the car. [I have to change the diff and tranny fluid, got the "Diff overheating warning". Pushing "too hard"! :D ]

Thought I'd share a picture that most shows the suspension at work below. The outer tires are planted, and there is a bit of body roll, but not much considering the "soft-ish" settings.

Thank you for sharing! Awesome pic!

Mike D

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red

Congrats on the promotion to red! If you are at MSR Houston on the 18th, we'll have to talk. Looks like we have the same setup, but I have different swaybar settins. I'm the same in the front as you, but second hole rear. And since you're red, you can give me a ride :)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Congrats on the promotion to red! If you are at MSR Houston on the 18th, we'll have to talk. Looks like we have the same setup, but I have different swaybar settins. I'm the same in the front as you, but second hole rear. And since you're red, you can give me a ride :)
Chris, I would love to hook up! Maybe you can come to camp Steeda next year? We would give you ride or let you drive one of our several S550 test vehicles.
Everyone is welcome! Steeda will be releasing a new advanced front control arms to correct the front roll center on lowered S550 this fall.

All the best,

Mike D
palm beach.jpg

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Chris, I would love to hook up! Maybe you can come to camp Steeda next year? We would give you ride or let you drive one of our several S550 test vehicles.
Everyone is welcome! Steeda will be releasing a new advanced front control arms to correct the front roll center on lowered S550 this fall.

All the best,

Mike D
Hey Mike! Havent talked to you in a while! If I can make it, I'd love to! Sounds like a blast. I know I'm loving my car right now. Let me know if you need a "tester" for the front control arms lol :D Interested in hearing the engineering behind them. As you can see from my signature, my car has all Steeda parts on it already haha

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
Chris,

Thanks! Sorry, I'm doing Cresson again on 11/4, but won't be at Angleton. Need to get back down there, I haven't been in a LONG time. Since I'm still a Red noob, not sure how soon they will let me do rides. Probably not much of an issue for a fellow driver.

I saw your profile, you actually have a lot more Steeda parts added than I do! I just added an MGW shifter, and will be running it for the first time next week. What number do you run under? I'll keep a lookout at future events for you.

:cheers:

Steve

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Chris,

Thanks! Sorry, I'm doing Cresson again on 11/4, but won't be at Angleton. Need to get back down there, I haven't been in a LONG time. Since I'm still a Red noob, not sure how soon they will let me do rides. Probably not much of an issue for a fellow driver.

I saw your profile, you actually have a lot more Steeda parts added than I do! I just added an MGW shifter, and will be running it for the first time next week. What number do you run under? I'll keep a lookout at future events for you.

Steve
haha!! Yeah, I went with pretty much Steeda everything and built a track car lol I'm still in blue group with Drivers Edge, hopefully I get that fixed this next track day :) Since you're red, I should be able to go with you. they say you can ride with anyone in Red solo.

But keep a lookout for sure! I want to run MSR Cresson next year when they do the 3.1 big track as well as NOLA. That track looks fun too. Sad they closed TWS. I loved it there.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Chris,

Steve

Hey Mike! Havent talked to you in a while! If I can make it, I'd love to! Sounds like a blast. I know I'm loving my car right now. Let me know if you need a "tester" for the front control arms lol :D Interested in hearing the engineering behind them. As you can see from my signature, my car has all Steeda parts on it already haha
I will definitely let you know when the new control arms available. Of course I will give you and TennTex a fantastic deal!

Plus, any set up questions please reach out!

Thanks,

Mike D

TennTex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT-PP
haha!! Yeah, I went with pretty much Steeda everything and built a track car lol I'm still in blue group with Drivers Edge, hopefully I get that fixed this next track day :) Since you're red, I should be able to go with you. they say you can ride with anyone in Red solo.

But keep a lookout for sure! I want to run MSR Cresson next year when they do the 3.1 big track as well as NOLA. That track looks fun too. Sad they closed TWS. I loved it there.
I will definitely let you know when the new control arms available. Of course I will give you and TennTex a fantastic deal!

Plus, any set up questions please reach out!

Thanks,

Mike D
Chris,
We're running the 3.1 at MSR next weekend. I hear you on TWS :( , need to get to MSR-Houston for some more variety!

Mike,
I don't know about Steeda days, when/where will they be? (I'm guessing over in your neck of the woods - I was in Columbus, GA, 2014~2016, but was too busy to do much care stuff then. Managed to hit Barber once...) Also curious to hear about the control arms!

Thanks,
Steve
Sponsored