Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
I've been having some issues with a Steeda Tune that I put on my car almost a month ago. I've been very patient with Steeda support but so far they've been no help and will barely even respond. Ticket was opened over 2 weeks ago and I've gotten only a single response after providing a full data log of the problem, which still gave no information and was only to request 2 additional pieces of info from me. It's been over 48 hours since I last replied to that, have followed up and still no response...so I have no idea what's going on with Steeda's support, but the experience has been pretty poor so far.

Some info to preface this:
Vehicle: 2015 Mustang GT
Transmission: 6MT
Mods that would be relevant for the tune: Steeda CAI (tune required version) and a catback exhaust system. I do also have a mesh front grill and roush heat extractors in the hood which would change airflow, but I don't think that would change it negatively - I should just have a lower IAT (although I'm still getting about the same IAT as the stock airbox with the Steeda intake).
Tune that was ordered: 93 octane version with the above steeda CAI and catback mentioned in the request.

Steeda CAI and tune were installed at the same time.

On to the tune issue in case anyone at Steeda is reading or anyone else has any ideas on what the issue could be - First, the car runs great above 3500 RPMs, in all gears it seems. But when I'm in 4th gear and around 2500-3000RPM (just before 60mph - i think), the car will just not accelerate at all. It's only an issue in that rpm range, and I've only experienced it in 4th gear. Can't seem to replicate it in a lower gear. Again, great above that, but the problem here is very consistent - happens every single time at that RPM range in 4th gear. In normal driving/cruising, this is infuriating. I have a full datalog of the event (which was sent to Steeda over 2 weeks ago). I've also felt it in 2nd gear when downshifting, but I can't remember exactly where that problem was and don't have that logged.

If anyone wants to have some fun and look at the datalog, let me know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fleco17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josr
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
I'm sorry you're having an issue with Steeda tune. I installed mine along with the Cai same time without the catback exhaust bout 1 month ago, and so far , no issues. Have you tried removing it and reinstalling it?

OP
OP
Howitzer

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry you're having an issue with Steeda tune. I installed mine along with the Cai same time without the catback exhaust bout 1 month ago, and so far , no issues. Have you tried removing it and reinstalling it?
I can't say that I have. I did verify the tuner showed the tune file Steeda provided was the one loaded though. I guess it won't hurt to reload the tune, but it definitely took hold.

OP
OP
Howitzer

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
Well alrighty then. I re-applied the tune and have been testing it out. This time the tuner did run some updates over wifi for "supporting files". The dead spot in 4th gear at 2500-3000RPM is now gone. Don't feel any dead spots or loss of power anywhere now. Feels like it should. Sometimes it's just the simple things. Appreciate the reply.
Sponsored