OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
You never said what you are trying to improve or fix.

Until you do none of the advice you have got in this thread is valid.
I donā€™t know. I donā€™t want the ride that the coilovers Iā€™m on, offer. Itā€™s harsh and Iā€™m looking for something a little more comfortable.
I donā€™t know jack shit about suspension, and I hate that some people think everyone knows what exactly each setup does and/or what they want specifically.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
My car is a daily driver. I went with J&M CC Plates, Steeda Pro-Active Shocks and minimum Springs.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t want the ride that the coilovers Iā€™m on, offer. Itā€™s harsh and Iā€™m looking for something a little more comfortable.
Who's kit? The main problem with the cheap coilovers is lack of travel and crazy high spring rates.

My earlier post and the one above this are safe ways forward.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, Larr - I have put the OP in contact with Rodney who is currently advising on the better set-up.

We'll get you taken care of - Steeda has a solid reputation & support on the forums.

You won't be disappointed.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@tj@steeda will you also check to see what other rear coil spring isolator options you guys have for Magneride cars?

Last edited:

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I donā€™t know. I donā€™t want the ride that the coilovers Iā€™m on, offer. Itā€™s harsh and Iā€™m looking for something a little more comfortable.
I donā€™t know jack shit about suspension, and I hate that some people think everyone knows what exactly each setup does and/or what they want specifically.
It's not that people expect you to know exactly what everything does or exactly what you want, but you didn't give any pertinent info to what you were searching for. It took people needling you for information before you gave it (not usually how forums work imo). As the person who's paying for and driving the vehicle, you gotta give a general direction on what you want or what you're trying to get away from.

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
It's not that people expect you to know exactly what everything does or exactly what you want, but you didn't give any pertinent info to what you were searching for. It took people needling you for information before you gave it (not usually how forums work imo). As the person who's paying for and driving the vehicle, you gotta give a general direction on what you want or what you're trying to get away from.
Just looking to get away from the rough ride of my coilovers and something that will last. I donā€™t have a spring compress tool so I donā€™t know how to build them myself thatā€™s why I OPT to go with steeda kit. I have fortune auto coilovers which are almost 2grand so I figured they were on the more decent side of things (they came on the car from previous owner) so Iā€™m not sure.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The sport progressive springs drop the car too low, imo. I can't tell what shocks those are. If pro-active I would pass.

And since they drop the car an inch and a tad you really should get the front lateral arms with the roll center correction. And you would also need the bumpsteer kit.

And yes you'll definitely have a need for the camber plates.

Long story short you're looking at a.lot more $$$$ on this exercise.

Better is mindrop springs paired with pro-action dampers or Bilstein.

Also forget the bump stops pictured. You want the eibach ones instead. Trimmed shorter as.appropriate.
Can attest Pro-action is amazing. I ran the stock bumpers but trimmed and they are fine.

Agreed on mid-drop springs (I have progressive sports and they lower 1.45" for me, base model. I like it this low as it really fleshes out the 19s...but others do not ).

Interesting, I got the steeda camber plates, but didn't touch my front lateral arms or get a bumpsteer kit and she did good on the alignment table and first rack day for me.

I daily drive my "racecar". I have pain in my joints, and no issue with the ride quality of this setup. Check bio for more info.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Just looking to get away from the rough ride of my coilovers and something that will last. I donā€™t have a spring compress tool so I donā€™t know how to build them myself thatā€™s why I OPT to go with steeda kit. I have fortune auto coilovers which are almost 2grand so I figured they were on the more decent side of things (they came on the car from previous owner) so Iā€™m not sure.
That all should've been said initially is what I'm getting at. Help everyone else help ya out! Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make things easier all around.

I think Fortunes are decent, Shogun has an opinion on em he'll probably share lol, but they're definitely not for smooth riding. They're performance oriented and are gonna be stiffer than stock setup. But I may be interested in snagging them from you if/when they come off. Just shoot me a message.

As far as no spring compressor - Harbor Freight sells a clamshell style I bought when I put my Steeda springs on my Bilstein coilovers. Was significantly easier to use than I anticipated and I didn't feel as threatened as if I would've use the pieces that have you ratchet down a side at a time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Steeda will set you up. Yea I wasn't trying to be a dick but now that you said what you have on the car and what you don't like about it we can now help you.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have fortune auto coilovers which are almost 2grand so I figured they were on the more decent side of things
Heh. I have them too. Yeah they are not sprung or valved right. I went round and round with their chief engineer till I pissed him off.

500 or 510 series?

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
Heh. I have them too. Yeah they are not sprung or valved right. I went round and round with their chief engineer till I pissed him off.

500 or 510 series?
Iā€™m not sure. I think theyā€™re the 500s. They came on the car and I came from an Elantra 2 years ago so all this fancy stuff is interesting to me.

on a side note, would it be worth going back to performance pack suspension? It still lowers the car an inch, and I like the look of the car lowered, but I donā€™t need anything crazy at all. I drive it 45 miles a day, do some pulls on the highways. I donā€™t track it/donā€™t plan on tracking it. Itā€™s a performance pack car; so Iā€™m assuming it has the sway bars and what not already. Curious what you think.

OP
OP

Metz302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
That all should've been said initially is what I'm getting at. Help everyone else help ya out! Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make things easier all around.

I think Fortunes are decent, Shogun has an opinion on em he'll probably share lol, but they're definitely not for smooth riding. They're performance oriented and are gonna be stiffer than stock setup. But I may be interested in snagging them from you if/when they come off. Just shoot me a message.

As far as no spring compressor - Harbor Freight sells a clamshell style I bought when I put my Steeda springs on my Bilstein coilovers. Was significantly easier to use than I anticipated and I didn't feel as threatened as if I would've use the pieces that have you ratchet down a side at a time.
Sure man. It would definitely make getting a new set a relief if I knew these were going to someone else when they come off.