Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Were you able to get the right rear shock adjusted.
Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks, Mike D
Hey Mike, I was able to get someone on the phone to explain the situation to today. I described the difficulty it took to get that shock in. It took [MENTION=25023]Bankss550[/MENTION] and I 15 to 20 mins to get the holes to line up. Took a lot of muscle moving the suspension around to get the bolts in. I am concerned that there may be too much pressure on the shock that could be causing the issue. It was such a pia to get in that I don't want to take it out. Looks like I may have to take it out and see it if turns okay. The other 3 adjust easily. I dont want to put much pressure trying to turn. I have tried bare handed and with a rag. Was about to put the pliers on it, but thought better of it :D
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
They come with a tool you're supposed to use. Try that?

I don't get the figment issue, can you explain further? I know with my shocks and all the others I've done, you install the lower bolts finger tight, then the top bolts. Then torque. Are you not able to compress or decompress the shock to install?

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
They come with a tool you're supposed to use. Try that?

I don't get the figment issue, can you explain further? I know with my shocks and all the others I've done, you install the lower bolts finger tight, then the top bolts. Then torque. Are you not able to compress or decompress the shock to install?
I have been using the tool, sorry if that wasn't clear. It took [MENTION=25023]Bankss550[/MENTION] and I a few mins to get the lower bolts lined up to screw in smoothly. Then we had to fight with the suspension to get the upper bolts to line up.

remove the shock friday or saturday
attempt to make adjusments to the shock off the care
video the struggle puting it back on, if I have someone there with me

Gotta say with everything set to 1/4 turn off full soft here on the streets of the NE, pretty good. Bounces a little, but thats ok with these f'd up streets.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I have been using the tool, sorry if that wasn't clear. It took [MENTION=25023]Bankss550[/MENTION] and I a few mins to get the lower bolts lined up to screw in smoothly. Then we had to fight with the suspension to get the upper bolts to line up.

remove the shock friday or saturday
attempt to make adjusments to the shock off the care
video the struggle puting it back on, if I have someone there with me

Gotta say with everything set to 1/4 turn off full soft here on the streets of the NE, pretty good. Bounces a little, but thats ok with these f'd up streets.
pm your contact info, I will help you tomorrow .

Mike D

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
pm your contact info, I will help you tomorrow .

Mike D
Recap of the situation i described earlier. Mike D was awesome to talk to. After describing the situation he asked me to attempt turning with pliers with plans to send me a new shock no matter the result.

Pliers worked without breaking, but it was hard to gauge the turns. Mike decided to send a new because the tension was not normal and they could research the old one.

Two weeks later I get around to start the switch. I remove the 2 top bolts, weeeeelllll what do ya know, I can adjust with the key. I noticed that the shock did not need to be forced into position like the first time. So, i reattached and tested again. Still works.

Conclusion, your adjustable can be bound up tight enough that it interferes with the adjuster. When I did the original install, I also installed alignment pins and had to fight with the cradle to get it back in. Who the hell knows what was going on. [MENTION=25023]Bankss550[/MENTION] and i fought to get that bitch lined up :frusty: now it just lines the f*ck up like nothing. :lol:

Well, Mike D and Steeda, you guys were on point. :cheers:

Sponsored

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
jbrax the Pro-Action Shock & Strut Adjustment Tool looks a four pointed star with slots. If you put a 6" slotted screwdriver in one of the slots you can use it as lever. This allows you to turn the tool a lot easer. I have adjusted my Pro-Action Shocks & Struts many times using this method and works really well. I also allows you to make adjustments in small increments which I found very useful.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Look forward to the review ... you won't be disappointed!

TJ

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Are you guys still saying about 1 full turn from soft for front and rear is a good starting point?
I would start a 1/4 to 1/2 turn off soft. the adjustment is very sensitive. 1/4 turn you will be able to feel the difference. Get your base line and start from there.

Steeda Tech

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
Are you guys still saying about 1 full turn from soft for front and rear is a good starting point?
I found one turn from full soft to be too stiff, but was looking for the best ride quality. I have had my Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts on my car for 1500 miles. I have adjusted them at least 12 times looking for just the right amount of rebound stiffness. I started at one full turn and then went to 1 1/2 turns and than 2 turns trying to get a feel for the rebound stiffness change with I/2 turn increments. In the end I went back to full soft but that was too bouncy. Next I started to make adjustments in 1/8 turn increments. I ended up at 3/16 turn from full soft. I have driven my GT about 1000 miles at this setting and I like it a lot. I encourage you to explore different amounts of rebound stiffness to see what these shocks & struts are capable of its worth the effort.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I started 1/4 turn from full soft and it feels good on winter beaten NE streets. I haven't felt the need to change.

The lady noticed the difference right away in the passenger seat.

My first track day of the year, I will take a wild guess and start at 1 full turn

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I started 1/4 turn from full soft and it feels good on winter beaten NE streets. I haven't felt the need to change.

The lady noticed the difference right away in the passenger seat.

My first track day of the year, I will take a wild guess and start at 1 full turn
Did you have that track day yet? Looking forward to hearing your feedback from the street to the track!

TJ