Sponsored

Steeda S550 Pro-Action Shocks and Struts - Now Available!

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I installed the non-adjustables, progressive springs, and billet rear shock mount about a month ago. Worlds better than when I had only factory shocks/struts and BMR springs... and I thought that was already way better than factory.

Very sharp bumps are still jarring but 80% of the other humps/bumps, it hugs it without extra slop in the suspension travel. Super smooth while on the freeway cruising.
Sponsored

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Debating between the adjustable and non-adjustable. One one hand I do like the adjustability but on the other hand, not planning to track the car so will be pretty pointless to have mess with the settings.
Mainly thinking about getting either Steeda Progressive Sport springs or Eibach Sportline springs.
Ive got the adjustable's & loving them. it is a work in progress, but you can fine tune the ride that "you" like & not a "canned" ride

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Debating between the adjustable and non-adjustable. One one hand I do like the adjustability but on the other hand, not planning to track the car so will be pretty pointless to have mess with the settings.
Mainly thinking about getting either Steeda Progressive Sport springs or Eibach Sportline springs.
You can't go wrong with either ... p.m. sent!

TJ

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
I think getting the Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts are well worth the extra money. With the adjustable's you can tune the shocks & struts to the springs that you are using. Also it gives you the ability to control the rebound stiffness for the ride quality you like or the handling you are looking for. With the non-adjustable's you get what you get which might not be the best rebound stiffness for what you are trying to achieve with the springs you have. Is adjustability necessary, no I don't think so. I bought my Adjustable Shocks & Struts when they were first released at several hundred dollars more than currently sell for and I don't regret spending the extra money for the adjustability. I adjusted mine several times before I found the rebound stiffness I like best. I personally would not have happy with the non-adjustable's.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I'll second what @RonStang6G said and add that if a competitor to Steeda says that the adjustable pro-actions are a great deal (it was Kelly), I'm going to go ahead and pay a little extra for adjustables over non-adjustables and even pay the sales tax (grrr) since the only place that has them at the best price is Steeda themselves. At least with TJ's discount it can offset the tax a little. Buying tomorrow.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think getting the Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks & Struts are well worth the extra money. With the adjustable's you can tune the shocks & struts to the springs that you are using. Also it gives you the ability to control the rebound stiffness for the ride quality you like or the handling you are looking for. With the non-adjustable's you get what you get which might not be the best rebound stiffness for what you are trying to achieve with the springs you have. Is adjustability necessary, no I don't think so. I bought my Adjustable Shocks & Struts when they were first released at several hundred dollars more than currently sell for and I don't regret spending the extra money for the adjustability. I adjusted mine several times before I found the rebound stiffness I like best. I personally would not have happy with the non-adjustable's.
That is true. I was just wondering how the non-adjustable feel comparing to the adjustables. Like what would be the equivalent settings the non-adjustable is set at on the adjustable. Are they identical internally?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
That is true. I was just wondering how the non-adjustable feel comparing to the adjustables. Like what would be the equivalent settings the non-adjustable is set at on the adjustable. Are they identical internally?
The non adjustable is pretty close to the soft setting of the adjustable.
Also, the basic internals are basically the same, just adjustable rebound.

Plus, Our compression is significantly different from the other options available on the market. Both adjustable and non adjustable.

Mike D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Plus, Our compression is significantly different from the other options available on the market. Both adjustable and non adjustable.

Mike D
Mike I thought the non-adjustable was nearly equivalent to 1.5 turns from soft on the adjustable? Mine definitely feel like they have rebound in that magnitude.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Mike I thought the non-adjustable was nearly equivalent to 1.5 turns from soft on the adjustable? Mine definitely feel like they have rebound in that magnitude.
Closer to 1 turn from soft.

Thanks,
Mike D

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Mike D
Hi Mike,

On your compression valving...is it biased towards a better ride or controlling dive and squat on track or autocross compared to Koni Sports?

FWIW, I think there is room for improvement in the compression area with the FStreet Mustangs I've seen running Konis at autocross events.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hi Mike,

On your compression valving...is it biased towards a better ride or controlling dive and squat on track or autocross compared to Koni Sports?

FWIW, I think there is room for improvement in the compression area with the FStreet Mustangs I've seen running Konis at autocross events.
Hopefully Mike will answer but I can tell you going from the Koni adjustables to the Steeda Pro Action fixed valve, I can definitely tell the difference in compression with reduced dive on braking. Believe it or not, it also provides a better ride for normal daily driving. I was struggling trying to adjust for better ride with the Konis and found it with the Steeda Pro Actions.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Hi Mike,

Biased more towards controlling dive and squat.

Thanks,

Mike D

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
My on Track experience with the Adjustable shocks.

Night before the trackday, i decided to adjust the rears to 1 full turn from soft while the car was up on stands. I left the fronts at 1/4 quarter figuring it would be really easy to do at the track. (To adjust rears, car has to be raised a little when sitting on progressive springs).

First run of the day, Outdoor temp was barely 50 degrees - Car felt like s**t as it was so unstable, I couldn't keep up with my group. (Other variables - cool track, first run since november, my lines were a little off ---- added a procharger over the winter so had to relearn the throttle.

Started checking the car out to make sure everything was tightened down good, then remembered -- Jackass you forgot to adjust the front shocks DOH

Second run about 1 1/2 hours later with fronts adjusted to 1 full turn from soft. Muuuuuuch better day, the car felt great. Turn-in was much improved. Could be a combination of track warming up, me being able to hit line a little better (still off a bit), But the Steering and car response felt awesome.

Next month, i will play with multiple settings on the same day to put together a more in depth review.
Sponsored