Sponsored

STEEDA Progressive springs and sway bars

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
And that's kind of what i'm looking for. As you see from my signature, i have a ton of suspension stuff, but there is still a hint of understeer. Mostly Mid corner to exit. Turn in is ok.

I almost thought about putting both bars at the second from softest, then playing with rear bar to see where i want to be. But that is a good point about over stiffening the car since even softest on front is 42% stiff than PP according to Steeda.
Start where I suggested, move up and experiment from there.
Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
What settings did you do your sway bars? I am doing mine this weekend.
I did mine in the middle in the rear and the second one in on the front. It drives great. I'm going to play with it a little and may do one more in on the front.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I did mine in the middle in the rear and the second one in on the front. It drives great. I'm going to play with it a little and may do one more in on the front.
That's what i wanted to try initially, just afraid of a little front end push. That's why i think i am going to try the softest front and middle rear as suggested. Thats still over 40% stiffer that PP stock setting in the front. That's a good jump

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
That's what i wanted to try initially, just afraid of a little front end push. That's why i think i am going to try the softest front and middle rear as suggested. Thats still over 40% stiffer that PP stock setting in the front. That's a good jump
Would you let me know how it feels after you do it that way? I may give it shot to switch mine this weekend.

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Would you let me know how it feels after you do it that way? I may give it shot to switch mine this weekend.
Sure, no problem. I plan on doing it either tonight or tomorrow (weather permitting) and giving a quick test.

You can see my other suspension mods in the signature too. Not sure which components will throw the set-up in what direction, you know?

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Sure, no problem. I plan on doing it either tonight or tomorrow (weather permitting) and giving a quick test.

You can see my other suspension mods in the signature too. Not sure which components will throw the set-up in what direction, you know?
I changed my front to the softest setting after work. It drives a little less bumpy and handles great! I will probably leave it on this setting for a little while.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I changed my front to the softest setting after work. It drives a little less bumpy and handles great! I will probably leave it on this setting for a little while.
NOPE!! I went softest front, middle rear. For my car with its current suspension mods, OVERSTEER pretty bad. Gonna go softest front softest rear and see what happens.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
NOPE!! I went softest front, middle rear. For my car with its current suspension mods, OVERSTEER pretty bad. Gonna go softest front softest rear and see what happens.
If it continues to over steer, start adding more roll stiffness up front. Leaving the rear bar at the softest setting. On another, note make sure your tire pressures are correct.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
If it continues to over steer, start adding more roll stiffness up front. Leaving the rear bar at the softest setting. On another, note make sure your tire pressures are correct.
Yes, tire pressures are good.

So, results seem to be oversteer wit softest front, middle rear. With some quick tests, it seems to be more neutral with softest front softest rear, with a little understeer mid corner to exit under heavy throttle at high speed.

I am thinking trying middle rear and middle front and see if that neutralizes the car under heavy throttle upon exit, since the front bar has smaller percentage adjustments as you change stiffness. Would this be a good idea?
Sponsored