STEEDA Progressive springs and sway bars

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
I installed my STEEDA progressive springs, bump stops and sway bars this weekend. Initially, we could not get the right side of the vehicle to align properly. The front subframe was slightly shifted from the factory. Once that was realigned, everything came into specs with the factory hardware. The ride is great and she handles like a dream! I love the drop! It's the perfect height. Thanks STEEDA for making quality products in the USA! -Bill

https://flic.kr/p/RuX9Fm
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Great combination! It really makes driving fun huh?!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I installed my STEEDA progressive springs, bump stops and sway bars this weekend. Initially, we could not get the right side of the vehicle to align properly. The front subframe was slightly shifted from the factory. Once that was realigned, everything came into specs with the factory hardware. The ride is great and she handles like a dream! I love the drop! It's the perfect height. Thanks STEEDA for making quality products in the USA! -Bill

I'd like to know how they aligned the front subframe! Wouldn't know where to start, personally.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Looks great! Thanks for sharing with us! Hopefully I have the same very happy report to make. :) Any reason why you didn't go w/the Steeda shocks and dampers too? I figured that would be a must-change and the sways if budget permits. Just curious.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to know how they aligned the front subframe! Wouldn't know where to start, personally.
I was not there when he did it but there are bolts that hold it to the unibody, he loosened and tweaked how it was situated. He works at a body shop so he is used to dropping the cradle and reinstalling and aligning.

OP
OP

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Thanks for sharing with us! Hopefully I have the same very happy report to make. :) Any reason why you didn't go w/the Steeda shocks and dampers too? I figured that would be a must-change and the sways if budget permits. Just curious.
I put the dampers or bump stops on from Steeda but I read good reports of people using the factory struts. Plus, they only have 3000 miles on them so I figured I would try this first and could always order the struts later. Rides like a dream for me as is now!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
In time ... well get you paired with the Steeda Pro Actions :)

Thank you for sharing your experience ... very much appreciated!

TJ

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red

What settings did you do your sway bars? I am doing mine this weekend.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Start front full soft (which is still stiffer than stock), rear one notch from full soft... IMHO. :)

Sponsored

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Start front full soft (which is still stiffer than stock), rear one notch from full soft... IMHO. :)
Do you have that set-up? That may be what i do, as that's the second time i've heard that response:)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Not currently, but that setup effectively helps dial out some understeer but doesn't over-stiffen your car. I have the opposite (full soft rear, one notch from full soft up front) so I could have a few more chances to work on throttle steering at a track event.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
im getting my car back today with their bumpstops,progressives,swaybars,shocks and struts, camber ates, rear adjusters car is going to feel completely different!

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
Not currently, but that setup effectively helps dial out some understeer but doesn't over-stiffen your car. I have the opposite (full soft rear, one notch from full soft up front) so I could have a few more chances to work on throttle steering at a track event.
And that's kind of what i'm looking for. As you see from my signature, i have a ton of suspension stuff, but there is still a hint of understeer. Mostly Mid corner to exit. Turn in is ok.

I almost thought about putting both bars at the second from softest, then playing with rear bar to see where i want to be. But that is a good point about over stiffening the car since even softest on front is 42% stiff than PP according to Steeda.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
im getting my car back today with their bumpstops,progressives,swaybars,shocks and struts, camber ates, rear adjusters car is going to feel completely different!
Nice! You're in for a treat!
Sponsored