Steeda Product Question ?? Help

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Recently I purchased some of their products during the 4th July sale. Great prices. But I have a technical question and can't get a straight answer. At this time, I can not access my car nor these parts to determine the answer.

I purchased the jack rails and the IRS support braces (and other stuff). It appears that these 2 parts mount using the same two mounting bolts. The rear mounts for the jack rails appear to be the same two points that the IRS support uses. I called Steeda and got one answer (install IRS first, then jack rails on top...this seemed correct to insure IRS mounts properly). I emailed and got another answer (install jack rails first, then IRS support on top...this has to be wrong). When I told them this (you gave me conflicting answers) by email they gave me a third answer (they don't use the same bolts at all...I am 99% sure this is wrong and they do use the same bolts).

Has anyone here actually used both and mounted them? Do they use the same mounting points or are they independent of each other?

I really thought this would be easy. :frusty::shrug:

Thanks for any help. :cheers::cheers:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have installed the jack rails on a non R and an R. They use existing bolt holes and installation takes 30 mins.

(get race ramps out, put car up on ramps, loosen bolts, install rails, off race ramps)

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I have installed the jack rails on a non R and an R. They use existing bolt holes and installation takes 30 mins.

(get race ramps out, put car up on ramps, loosen bolts, install rails, off race ramps)
Thanks. I understand that these are easy to mount to existing bolts. That is not my question.

The question is whether these 2 parts (jack rails and IRS support braces) use the same mounting locations/bolts. If they do use the same bolts, can both products be used at the same time? If yes, which one goes on first?

Thanks

Here is the IRS support. Most are familiar with the jacking rails.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

Check out the picture showing the 3 mount locations and look for the one attaching to the outside of the car. Those are the same 2 rear bolts the jacking rails mount to.

UPDATE:
Well, after digging thru their website pix, it appears that these actually do NOT use the same mounting locations. FWIW Thanks

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
They do not, you are correct - I apologize you received multiple answers. The beauty of designing & engineering our own parts is ... we can design parts to work in conjunction with each other, that is why we made our jacking rails shorter than the competition. The jacking rails use the front holes & the chassis braces use the holes that are further back.

You can see in this picture, the mounting locations:

steeda-s550-mustang-ultra-lite-chassis-jacking-rails-15-16-all-555-5205-06.jpg

Here is another photo from American Muscle showing the location:

91835689f2cd87bdf_20160103231925.jpg

If you wouldn't mind, can you p.m. me whom you emailed & spoke with on the phone, want to ensure they have the most-up-to-date info.

Best Regards,

TJ

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks. I understand that these are easy to mount to existing bolts. That is not my question.

The question is whether these 2 parts (jack rails and IRS support braces) use the same mounting locations/bolts. If they do use the same bolts, can both products be used at the same time? If yes, which one goes on first?

Thanks

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

Check out the picture showing the 3 mount locations and look for the one attaching to the outside of the car. Those are the same 2 rear bolts the jacking rails mount to.

UPDATE:
Well, after digging thru their website pix, it appears that these actually do NOT use the same mounting locations. FWIW Thanks
I guess I didn't understand your question. Anyway fwiw, here is s pic of my Jack rails installed

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP

Thanks

UPDATE:

Thinking about installing the IRS subframe brace..Was there any noticeable difference after the install. Is it worth the money in other words? Thanks

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
There are over 93 4-5 star reviews on American Muscle, plus many other sites. Over 1000s of sales & it has been one of the best choices for eliminating subframe movement!

Others can weigh in & you can check the other reviews on Mustang 6G - definitely worth the money!

Best Regards,

TJ

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
There are over 93 4-5 star reviews on American Muscle, plus many other sites. Over 1000s of sales & it has been one of the best choices for eliminating subframe movement!

Others can weigh in & you can check the other reviews on Mustang 6G - definitely worth the money!

Best Regards,

TJ
The gt350 is just a different beast.

Best Regards,

TJ[/QUOTE

I am sure its a good product but would like more input from the gt 350 crowd. It already as a pretty stellar suspension.
Sponsored