Sponsored

Steeda Extreme (-2") Springs, Anyone Use?

joshy5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Just saw these on Steeda's website and from what it seems these are the lowest springs you can buy for the S550 at the moment. Contemplating coilovers until i saw this, wondering if anyone has tried them?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
joshy5oh

joshy5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
thanks, was told from that thread you guys could break up the kit and sell the fronts or rears or both. Steeda messaged me and told me to call them to order, I called and the rep told me its not possible and actually sold me off of them and told me they've had tons of issues with the Extremes, odd business tactic... you guys should tell everyone that then...

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
thanks, was told from that thread you guys could break up the kit and sell the fronts or rears or both. Steeda messaged me and told me to call them to order, I called and the rep told me its not possible and actually sold me off of them and told me they've had tons of issues with the Extremes, odd business tactic... you guys should tell everyone that then...
This did not sound right,so i reached out to Brian who spoke to you to get his version.

Hi Josh, you spoke with one of our most versed technical representatives – Brian. I spoke to him and he was definitely taken out of context. We will not break up the spring set (any of our spring sets) because we cannot guarantee what the ride quality will be like with mismatched springs from different manufacturers. Steeda spends several months testing, adjusting and retesting our springs until they meet our stringent demands and expectations. They are engineered, tested and manufactured as a set and thus offered as a set.

When Brian referred to potential issues, it was in regard to ride quality from either installing mismatched springs or installing aftermarket springs on older, moderate mileage factory struts and shocks. If the struts and shocks cannot control the spring rate of the springs (any spring set, not just limited to the Ultralite Extremes) the ride quality will be compromised. Furthermore, he referenced the same thread and one of the two customers returned the front springs for the exact reasons Brian mentioned. Spring sets from different manufacturers should not be mixed and matched.

We certainly hope that you and the others can appreciate our honest intentions and desire to guide our customers in the right direction rather than trying to capitalize on the sale of something you ultimately would not be happy with. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for recommendations or any other assistance.

Sorry, for any miss-interpolation on this matter.

Steeda Tech
Sponsored