Sponsored

Starting in first gear

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Take the clutch assist spring out if you haven't already! It will be softer & you will be able to feel the clutch engaging much better. Night & day difference
Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've taught a few people how to drive manuals over the years and I always make them start by not touching the gas at all. It forces them to actually feel the engagement point and action of the clutch quickly. Once they can get moving reliably (8 times out of 10) it's time to start applying throttle. After that, I find a small hill with no traffic (side streets, driveways, covered parking lots, etc..) and get them used to starting on hills. Usually only takes a half hour total and they have the hang of it.

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
Take the clutch assist spring out if you haven't already! It will be softer & you will be able to feel the clutch engaging much better. Night & day difference
What he said....

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
^^^^ You guys do realize the OP made this thread in November right? I'm sure he knows how to drive one now lol

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I've taught a few people how to drive manuals over the years and I always make them start by not touching the gas at all. It forces them to actually feel the engagement point and action of the clutch quickly.
This is how we were taught in the motorcycle class I took BITD. I think it helped. When driving a manual car or motorocycle or ATV, etc etc, you need to know where that bite point is.
Sponsored