Shawn_Allen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt w/ PP
Hey Guys,

Like the title reads, I am having a hard time shifting from 1st to 2nd. Car is a 2016 GT PP with 2,600 miles on it. It take a tougher pull to be able to get it in gear. Cant tell if its getting worse the more I drive. One it is in 2nd it drives fine. Any idea on what it might be? All stock everything. Planning on taking it to the dealer but wanted to know what your thoughts were, or if anyone has this same issue. Thanks!

Shawn.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately normal. It gets better when the trans warms up. You have to be patient with that one and let it drop in when it wants (you'll feel the synchros work). I'd skip shift 1-3 for the first few minutes of driving until the fluid warms.

wait4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unfortunately normal. It gets better when the trans warms up. You have to be patient with that one and let it drop in when it wants (you'll feel the synchros work). I'd skip shift 1-3 for the first few minutes of driving until the fluid warms.
+1

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
It's normal. It'll get a bit better at ~5k miles. Swapping the tranny fluid to BG Syncroshift II will help alot but you'll loose the warranty on your tranny if an issues comes up. I found that shifting a bit slower (slight pause in neutral) above 2500 rpm with a bit of gas (don't lift completely off the pedal) makes the 1-2 shift very smooth.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase