Sponsored

Stainless works header install

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Package
Hey guys just wanted to tell you all if you are planning on doing this mod it is easier than most would lead you to believe. I need to preface my opinion though, I have a lift in my home but I really never had any issues one either side. The drivers side is definitely easier but the passenger side was not bad at all. A few suggestions though are to definitely remove the motor mounts. ALL of the drivers side bolts can be installed and tightened under the car. The passenger side you can do all but the top front one under the car. I did the top front two from the top using a flex head ratchet wrench. Sounds amazing, you will see the list of all of my mods in my sig.

If you are nervous or hesitant, don't be. It's just time consuming, not hard. Any questions or looking for advise, just let me know. BTW I did this install at the same time as McLeod RXT and MGW shifter install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
I also have a lift and you are correct it isn't hard, but it is extremely time consuming. The driver side is as you said. Now as far as the passenger side i have an auto and you also have to content with the transmission cooler lines. I have ratcheting wrenches but did not have a flex head one. Took me about 5 hours to locate one and even then my hand/forearm was way too big to get in the top front passenger for the bolt behind the ac compressor lines. I ended up having to call a friend over with smaller hands to get in there and even then took him about 30 min to get that bolt off.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Nice job

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Hey guys just wanted to tell you all if you are planning on doing this mod it is easier than most would lead you to believe. I need to preface my opinion though, I have a lift in my home but I really never had any issues one either side. The drivers side is definitely easier but the passenger side was not bad at all. A few suggestions though are to definitely remove the motor mounts. ALL of the drivers side bolts can be installed and tightened under the car. The passenger side you can do all but the top front one under the car. I did the top front two from the top using a flex head ratchet wrench. Sounds amazing, you will see the list of all of my mods in my sig.

If you are nervous or hesitant, don't be. It's just time consuming, not hard. Any questions or looking for advise, just let me know. BTW I did this install at the same time as McLeod RXT and MGW shifter install.

How long did it take you? I plan on doing SW long tube over the winter

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took about 2.5 hours to do the drivers side and about 4.5 hours to do passenger side. This was on a manual though. It was easier to maneuver around though cause I had the transmission out doing the clutch and shifter at the same time.

Sponsored

cognizantphotos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When i get my cams want to help with the install?? :D:D

I also have a lift and you are correct it isn't hard, but it is extremely time consuming. The driver side is as you said. Now as far as the passenger side i have an auto and you also have to content with the transmission cooler lines. I have ratcheting wrenches but did not have a flex head one. Took me about 5 hours to locate one and even then my hand/forearm was way too big to get in the top front passenger for the bolt behind the ac compressor lines. I ended up having to call a friend over with smaller hands to get in there and even then took him about 30 min to get that bolt off.

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
you don't need a lift but it does make it easier on you since you don't have to crawl around on your back under the car

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
For those installing these headers, trim or remove the bracket/bolt that holds the AC line to the frame when you have the headers off the car. It makes contact with the headers, and is a BITCH to trim/remove with everything on the car. Ask me how I know.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
For those installing these headers, trim or remove the bracket/bolt that holds the AC line to the frame when you have the headers off the car. It makes contact with the headers, and is a BITCH to trim/remove with everything on the car. Ask me how I know.
Maybe a pic?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

Mike@TBR

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 dib pp gt
good stuff. Stainless works rock I have them and installed them on my car and they went in easier then the factory manifolds did coming out

s550_kratos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
18' GT Premium Lightning Blue
i need some tips, i installed the passenger side header and cant seem to get a bolt on the top middle two spots

OP
OP
proamas

proamas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to get those two from above. It's actually pretty easy if you use a box wrench with ratchet that has a bendable neck.
Sponsored