Sponsored

Stainless Works header welds. should they be ground?

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I thought I remember reading that Stainless Works always ground their welds on the header flange to promote the best flow possible, but I cannot find that anywhere I look.
The reason I was wondering is because when I inspected the welds on the flanges one is ground and the other is not.
Both have been welded on the inside. On the left you can see the welds and on the right you can see the grinding that goes part way into the header.

Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say they forgot to grind that side.

bobc775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, Gaurd
It looks to me like they missed a step on one side. I'd give them a call Monday and ask what's up.
I just ordered a set from SW and if I get a set like that I'll have a talk with my credit card company put a stop pay on them and probably send them back...

Good luck

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
It looks to me like they missed a step on one side. I'd give them a call Monday and ask what's up.
I just ordered a set from SW and if I get a set like that I'll have a talk with my credit card company put a stop pay on them and probably send them back...

Good luck
^^ Why do so many people around here have this kind of attitude? ^^

If you dont like the product, you send it back for a refund. No need to involve the CC company unless they refuse to refund you after they receive the returned product.

Sponsored

bobc775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its called getting their attention. The part should have never left the factory in that condition.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Its ridiculous to pay 1200+ for exhaust headers and not be able to install them. Its not an easy part to box too ship, you think they would have noticed, but that means that they would have to had to pay attention. Its inconvenient too the buyer, you shouldn't have to pay for a company's mistake.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
You shouldnt have to stop for red lights at 3am when nobody else is at the intersection. Do us all a favor and start by solving that first world problem, then begin your futile crusade to end all simple mistakes made by any of the human race.

bobc775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If stopping for red light is an inconvenience try paying for something and waiting for 2 or 3 weeks only to get it and find that it isn't correct. If your lucky you may get things resolved in 2 or 3 weeks. If your unlucky you may not have anything resolved for weeks to come and mean while they have spent your money. So I'll resolve my issues my way any you can sit at those red lights.

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
2-3 weeks until resolution sounds about right. God forbid you must exist another 2-3 weeks without headers. People that share your feelings have the *wrong* hobby. You better brace yourself for an uphill battle...more like, your vendors better brace themselves.

They forget to spend 5 minutes with a sanding flapper on your header, and therefore you believe it is within your right to do a charge-back on a $1200+ item... way to go thief. I guess you wont mind the negligible sanding that was missed on your header now that you have stolen them. So would you take the 5 minutes to do it yourself, or would you actually send them back? hmmm

OP
OP
Toowired

Toowired

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
2-3 weeks until resolution sounds about right. God forbid you must exist another 2-3 weeks without headers. People that share your feelings have the *wrong* hobby. You better brace yourself for an uphill battle...more like, your vendors better brace themselves.

They forget to spend 5 minutes with a sanding flapper on your header, and therefore you believe it is within your right to do a charge-back on a $1200+ item... way to go thief. I guess you wont mind the negligible sanding that was missed on your header now that you have stolen them. So would you take the 5 minutes to do it yourself, or would you actually send them back? hmmm
I will call them and talk, but ultimately I am going to grind on it myself.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I will call them and talk, but ultimately I am going to grind on it myself.
Problem solving skills. :thumbsup:

Youll have your headers installed before bob is done calling the bank, BBB, state police, FCC, FAA, NSA, and SW's mom.

bobc775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really struggle with people who think its okay to get screwed. I don't now and never have. When I buy something its an agreement to pay x dollars and expect to get the product as described. If one of us doesn't live up to those terms the agreement has been broken. I have paid my money and have no leverage. I have to hope that the vendor/company will promptly make good on replacing the part. Having added leverage keeps me from bracing for up hill battles that you must go through. It seems pretty stupid to think that every time you buy something your going to get screwed.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I dont get screwed. Just like the OP didnt get "screwed".

But something tells me that people are trying to screw you all the time.
Sponsored