OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I am about the same. I am tossing around the Bigworm R stripes and a spoiler.

This car style gives me indigestion when trying to figure out what I want to do visually. Never had this issue on all my previous Mustangs but this one.

I know I want a spoiler/wing for sure. I always prefer a spoiler (blade) vs. wing but this car I think you can do a wing and it be tasteful. I really like #1 the best. The exposed bolts tend to make it more race car vs. street car. Can't wait to see more pictures of #1 at different angles, etc.
I feel the same way as you. Every car I've owned in the past I knew exactly what direction I wanted to go with. This is the first car that has stumped me. I think its partially due to how new the car is and not much has been done to it out there.

I was set on doing a huge GT wing but for daily driving it can be quite distracting, I think have a Duckbill style spoiler really balances the 'race' look while making it street-able.

For those who are addressing the rivets, I am actually working on an entire kit for the car. It was more of a 'race' design with an aggressive diffuser, side skirt extensions, and a front lip splitter. I may or may not do the rivets, but thats why I love getting feedback! The rest of the parts will be kept a secret till this first piece gets made. :D
Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am about the same. I am tossing around the Bigworm R stripes and a spoiler.

This car style gives me indigestion when trying to figure out what I want to do visually. Never had this issue on all my previous Mustangs but this one.

I know I want a spoiler/wing for sure. I always prefer a spoiler (blade) vs. wing but this car I think you can do a wing and it be tasteful. I really like #1 the best. The exposed bolts tend to make it more race car vs. street car. Can't wait to see more pictures of #1 at different angles, etc.
I was the opposite. It didn't take me long at all to get an idea in my head of where I wanted to go with it. The hard part is saving up for everything lol.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I feel the same way as you. Every car I've owned in the past I knew exactly what direction I wanted to go with. This is the first car that has stumped me. I think its partially due to how new the car is and not much has been done to it out there.

I was set on doing a huge GT wing but for daily driving it can be quite distracting, I think have a Duckbill style spoiler really balances the 'race' look while making it street-able.

For those who are addressing the rivets, I am actually working on an entire kit for the car. It was more of a 'race' design with an aggressive diffuser, side skirt extensions, and a front lip splitter. I may or may not do the rivets, but thats why I love getting feedback! The rest of the parts will be kept a secret till this first piece gets made. :D
Nice! Glad I am not the only one doing this:frusty:.

Looking forward to your parts and their designs.

The duckbill does go good with this body style. I guess the long snout and short deck lid allows that to happen.
I was the opposite. It didn't take me long at all to get an idea in my head of where I wanted to go with it. The hard part is saving up for everything lol.
Interesting to hear that you knew right out of the gate.

I guess my sticking point is how good the stock body looks so perfect in my eyes. I think all this car needs is a spoiler from a body standpoint. The tacked on hood and side scoops that looked good on the previous generations,doesn't have the same appeal on this body style. This is an exotic looking car which is why I feel past years and those style parts have to be done differently.

Sorry for being so wordy...

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Interesting to hear that you knew right out of the gate.

I guess my sticking point is how good the stock body looks so perfect in my eyes. I think all this car needs is a spoiler from a body standpoint. The tacked on hood and side scoops that looked good on the previous generations,doesn't have the same appeal on this body style. This is an exotic looking car which is why I feel past years and those style parts have to be done differently.

Sorry for being so wordy...
I agree with you 100% on all points. The body doesn't need any extra tacked on stuff. A small spoiler is all I added so far. It has a more euro look and I'm going with a style of wheel I don't normally go with, which will be ordered this week.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase

:hail::hail::hail:

atleast show us a peak of the diffuser, while we're on the rear-end :eek:

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Any chance you'll make one for the gt convertibles? I really like the roush spoiler, but not supported for the convertibles. I've only seen like 2 spoilers that *may* work for the convertible, but they look horrible IMHO.

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
Been waiting for option 1...

Please complete this project, will be in line to buy. How are you going to fabricate/ensure quality control? Is this something you are doing in the garage, or have equipment to produce easily? Will it be ABS or fiberglass, or God-willing (please!) be in carbon fiber?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I am very happy with the shape of the CDC spoiler:
Thanks for sharing this. Do you happen to have anymore pictures of it with the spoiler on from the side or any other angles?

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I agree with you 100% on all points. The body doesn't need any extra tacked on stuff. A small spoiler is all I added so far. It has a more euro look and I'm going with a style of wheel I don't normally go with, which will be ordered this week.
:cheers: What wheels did you order?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Thanks Boss. I really appreciate the picture. I'd be curious to see it from a little lower and behind the vehicle, but I understand that you may not have this picture already taken.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I have been completely anti-spoiler on the S550, but this looks great. I think I like the simplicity of 1 better than 2, but I'm pretty indifferent to the two. Personally, I like the exposed bolts- I'll be watching for updates!

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I like both; I like the three-piece better. Really nice for duck-bill designs. I still think this body looks best with a pedestal wing.
Sponsored