Sponsored

Spilled drink

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I had a drink spill in my drivers seat. I have the leather heated and cooled seats. Most of the liquid seemed to run between the crack of the back rest and seat
bottom and onto the rear floor mat which luckily is the rubber all weather kind. Do i need to worry about the electronics of the seat and is there any way to clean
the seat bottom other then just some interior cleaner and whipping it down? As far as i know there is no way to extract a leather seat?
Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
You could pull the leather off the lower part of the seat, but I doubt it will damage anything.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
It depends on how bad it is, but if you want to clean the seat very thoroughly you could take the seat out, take it apart, take the seat covers off and clean the foam padding, seat frame and the covers. This would be a lot of work and probably not worth the effort unless you can't live with the thought of leaving the spill in the cushions, etc.

By the way I think these seat covers are more vinyl than leather, but I could be wrong about that.

Good luck with the cleanup!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Another reason to wear adult diapers ....................... :facepalm: :crackup:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If I had a spill like this in my seat, I would really saturate the seat with a spray on leather cleaner and let it sink into the perforated holes to break down the sticky syrup from the soda and then use a steamer, followed by the tips in this video. Short of removing the leather cover, this would probably be the quickest and best way to get a good clean on it.

Sponsored