Sponsored

Spied: 2018 Mustang Prototype with Active Quad Exhaust

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Need more info!
I'm on the fence about ordering a new '17 GT or sucking it up and waiting for the 2018.

Don't want to wait until fall of next year, probably can wait until late spring though.

I am impatient and waiting kills me!
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Sure, it probably should but again, I'll believe it when I see and hear it. The Mustang is still marketed and built towards the every man and woman. The Camaro is now clearly a sports car. The Mustang? Eh...personally I think it's a little confused. I say confused because I don't want to say it has "failed" which for some, it has. For others, it's a perfect blend of looks, comfort performance, and style.

The Alpha Camaro was clearly built to rip your face off.

The Mustang is now what it was originally intended to be...a Euro inspired Grand Touring 2+2 Coupe.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe its just me, but I never like the look of quad exhausts in the back. It just seems a bit over the top. Something about nice big dual exhausts I just can't get over.
hmmm..I guess after looking at this picture all day, it does look ugly. /s
I can't take it anymore. :headbonk: Heading to dealership this weekend to go back to a 5.O with dual pipes.
:cheers:
2016-Ford-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-engine-rear-three-quarter.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I mean quads isn't clear indication of an active exhaust. GT500 had quads, among many other cars but it would make sense. The GT350 has had active exhaust for a few MY now so why wouldn't the option trickle down.
The most likely thing is that GTs come with quad tips as standard and active quads as optional. They wouldn't do a new rear valence just for the active option (from a plant complexity/cost basis on an option part).

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Need more info!
I'm on the fence about ordering a new '17 GT or sucking it up and waiting for the 2018.

Don't want to wait until fall of next year, probably can wait until late spring though.

I am impatient and waiting kills me!
Wait until the January reveal. It might make up your mind for you and you will get more discount on a 17.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
If above turns out to be true plus showing these "Bullitt-esque" wheels on this vert makes me hopeful for at least a HG/DHG color option (if not full Bullitt trim) potentially.

<--Was all set to buy an 08/09 Bullitt when they came out but then rugrats appeared. Hoping for an '18/19 now...
That would make a trade in so much more appealing if the performance increased notably. I love how good the s550 in Guard.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Maybe its just me, but I never like the look of quad exhausts in the back. It just seems a bit over the top. Something about nice big dual exhausts I just can't get over.
A few years ago, majority of 4 cylinders had 1 exhaust pipe, now most companies are doing dual exhaust on their family sedans (Optima, Genesis, Maxima, etc) so the dual exhaust look isn't that unique anymore.

The quad exhaust is a nice way to set-off the next level up. I like how Audi does it with their A series and S series. A series gets single exhaust for FWD, dual exhaust for Quattro and Quad exhaust for S series.

See the same thing happening here with the Mustang. EB gets the dual exhaust. GT gets Quad exhaust.

hmmm..I guess after looking at this picture all day, it does look ugly. /s
I can't take it anymore. :headbonk: Heading to dealership this weekend to go back to a 5.O with dual pipes.
Yah the quad on the GT350 looks great. Glad they are going this direction with the GT.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I do prefer dual 4 inch tips rather than quad 2.5 inch tips.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
A few years ago, majority of 4 cylinders had 1 exhaust pipe, now most companies are doing dual exhaust on their family sedans (Optima, Genesis, Maxima, etc) so the dual exhaust look isn't that unique anymore.
The thing is where does it end?

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
The most likely thing is that GTs come with quad tips as standard and active quads as optional. They wouldn't do a new rear valence just for the active option (from a plant complexity/cost basis on an option part).
They might if all it requires were a different lower valance filler panel. I could see standard duals and optional active quads. That would entice a lot of buyers.

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
The Mustang is now what it was originally intended to be...a Euro inspired Grand Touring 2+2 Coupe.

That may be true. The problem is your anemic 4 door sedan these days perform too closely to this soft mustang.

The mustang needs more of what the alpha camaro has. Less compromising. As it sits a stock 5.0 can get torn up by some very house wife type cars.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Don't see the Active Valve Motors, unless they're internal to the mufflers. Tips are too close to the muffler to allow them anyway in this setup.
Sponsored