Sponsored

Spied: 2018 Mustang Prototype with Active Quad Exhaust

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I have a hard time imagining a standard Mustang GT having 475hp. That's a lot of power for a mid entry sports car.
...Says a time traveler from 2005.

:D
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Anyone else see somewhat of a "wave" in the spoiler? I thought it was the camo but can be seen from the front angle as well. Unless the camo is stretched and distorts the angles....:shrug:
2018-Mustang-GT-Quad-Active-Exhaust-13 r1.jpg
2018-Mustang-GT-Quad-Active-Exhaust-1 f1.jpg

BAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
Know changes from someone I know who is very close.
....Lower hood is happening, ...looks to have two vents like 1968 hood :D
If above turns out to be true plus showing these "Bullitt-esque" wheels on this vert makes me hopeful for at least a HG/DHG color option (if not full Bullitt trim) potentially.

<--Was all set to buy an 08/09 Bullitt when they came out but then rugrats appeared. Hoping for an '18/19 now...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have a hard time imagining a standard Mustang GT having 475hp. That's a lot of power for a mid entry sports car.
I didn't know progress was all of a sudden something to be frowned upon...

I'm guessing 475 is not realistic right now but 450? Sure.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I mean quads isn't clear indication of an active exhaust. GT500 had quads, among many other cars but it would make sense. The GT350 has had active exhaust for a few MY now so why wouldn't the option trickle down.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base

<--Was all set to buy an 08/09 Bullitt when they came out but then rugrats appeared. Hoping for an '18/19 now...
Oh no! Do we need to remind you to wear a "rain coat" between now and the release of the '18?

:D

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Automatic convertible top latch...
Also more tech...forward facing camera...see 2017 Fusion...Pothole detection etc.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
increase of 40HP to fuel more advertising from car show spinout videos :ninja:

Most people today cannot handle the 435-450HP without constant use of the nannies that exist on the car. Another 40 for most people will end up with more constant use of the traction and stability control. But hell, why not??? :)

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Less than the 392 Hemi and only 25 more than the Camaro. It is within the range of the segment for sure, but I agree with you in terms of too much for the Mustang as far as the the lineup is concerned.

If they bump the Voodoo, then I can see the Coyote getting close to 475 if feasible for Ford to offer of course.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I mean quads isn't clear indication of an active exhaust. GT500 had quads, among many other cars but it would make sense. The GT350 has had active exhaust for a few MY now so why wouldn't the option trickle down.
Sure, it probably should but again, I'll believe it when I see and hear it. The Mustang is still marketed and built towards the every man and woman. The Camaro is now clearly a sports car. The Mustang? Eh...personally I think it's a little confused. I say confused because I don't want to say it has "failed" which for some, it has. For others, it's a perfect blend of looks, comfort performance, and style.

The Alpha Camaro was clearly built to rip your face off.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
im just curious how many 15-16 guys would upgrade..i never had an auto but that 10spd sounds tempting..
I might go with a 2018 GT350 depending on the changes of the front. Ford only said they were refreshing the front. Not sure why we would assume the rear also based on the cammo.

:cheers:

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
so whens the release date? its going to be shown at the auto show next month?
Most luckily it will be the Detroit Auto Show in January.

Also wouldn't be surprised that vin#1 for the 2018 model year would be sold at Barrett-Jackson in January, since Ford is usually the main sponsor for the BJ auction

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Maybe its just me, but I never like the look of quad exhausts in the back. It just seems a bit over the top. Something about nice big dual exhausts I just can't get over.
Sponsored