Spied: 2018 Mustang Prototype with Active Quad Exhaust

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That may be true. The problem is your anemic 4 door sedan these days perform too closely to this soft mustang.

The mustang needs more of what the alpha camaro has. Less compromising. As it sits a stock 5.0 can get torn up by some very house wife type cars.
Uh, what? :lol:
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
That may be true. The problem is your anemic 4 door sedan these days perform too closely to this soft mustang.

The mustang needs more of what the alpha camaro has. Less compromising. As it sits a stock 5.0 can get torn up by some very house wife type cars.
:crazy:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

Please feel free to list the "house wife" type cars that can tear up a stock 5.0..

You have a captive audience.

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Please feel free to list the "house wife" type cars that can tear up a stock 5.0..

You have a captive audience.
My grandmother drives an e63amg and she's somewhat of a housewife so I guess that's a housewife car

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
Y'all know what I mean. With the terrible tires and lack of torque down low it's not a real impressive feeling street car.

We don't all have to agree but we all get an opinion.

For the sake of transparency I drive a 2013. I'm on this forum because I really like A LOT of what the s550 is and I could really see myself in a 2018 if the right changes are made.

Being I've had my car nearly 4 years it's reasonable to assume I'm more critical of the 5.0 power plant and tranny at this point. That and mine is paid for so I'm not subconsciously bound to love a car I'm trapped with.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Y'all know what I mean. With the terrible tires and lack of torque down low it's not a real impressive feeling street car.

We don't all have to agree but we all get an opinion.
In comparison to what? The Gen 6 Camaro that came out 2 years after the S550 design was set?

Compare a 2005 Mustang GT with a 2015 Mustang GT and see if it's still "unimpressive"

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual

What's your definition of anemic 4 door sedan? The majority of people would say your average 180-200HP 4 cylinder Accord/Camry/Mazda6/Sonata would meet that criteria. Obviously none of those are comparable to a 5.0.

Well, you're entitled to you opinion. If you want something more hardcore, look into the GT PP or a GT350.

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I want a job testing new mustangs!:(. I hope it's the new Mach 1 I still miss my 04.

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Anyone else seeing (possibly) 2 large front vents on the hood? Seems too dramatic of a drop for just a contour.
I've been thinking the same thing.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Had someone that lives near the testing facility send me these two pictures. Grainy and far away but no camo on the front. It looks to me like the same current gen mule that was spied with the weird box on the hood, except this one doesn't have the box. Headlights look like a slightly different shape though. Doubt it's the new 2018 front end but thought it was worth sharing still to see if anyone else can make anything of it :)
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0553.jpg

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm sure our eyes play tricks as that does look different, but I'm sure, as you state, its just an old mule. I think the round reflectors in the headlamps are throwing us off.

Thanks for sharing though. And tell your contact to pull up a lawn chair and keep his camera at the ready :D

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm sure our eyes play tricks as that does look different, but I'm sure, as you state, its just an old mule. I think the round reflectors in the headlamps are throwing us off.

Thanks for sharing though. And tell your contact to pull up a lawn chair and keep his camera at the ready :D
Mm...the angles on that front/hood look different then current gen...that might be a more uncovered mule out...wish someone got some closer/better pics.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They wouldn't let an actual VP unit on the road without camo in the daylight. That's a 2015+-bodied mule (M1 build).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thank BmacIL

Yeah, another of these on the loose :D (same headlamps)

attachment.jpg

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
I don't know what "active exhaust" is, but if it means driver-adjustable exhaust noise I think that would be a great way to eliminate the "need" for sound tube (or equivalent).
Sponsored