Sponsored

Speed warnings and NAVI futures useless!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My add-on GPS for my truck has speed warnings for even rural roads. I left the warning chime on, just to let me know that the limit has changed. I get at least three updates per year and they are very accurate...within about 10-30 ft of signages. I was disappointed to find out that the Ford NAV update only is done about once a year. March NAV chips are still the old A5 2014 mapping.

GPS-unit speed warnings are nice to have in those states that let municipalities 'hide' their speed limit signs and do not have 'reduced speed ahead' warnings either. I have traveled through some towns where the speed limits and signs varied every few blocks. And the signs were 'conveniently' obscured. (Can you spell Baraboo, Wisconsin?)
Sponsored

Last edited:

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
While I personally align with the others that if you're going to get behind the wheel, you should respect the traffic laws and know how to responsibly operate the machine...

However, it looks like your wish will get fulfilled soon enough by FoMoCo;
http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/24/ford-smax-speed-limit/

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
i don't need this feature. I have a helper in the car to tell me how fast i'm going.

[ame]

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
You are correct in the MyKey application. It's simply not changeable for the international market. So far, Ford Services did not answer my question in how to change the MyKey future, also that they promised to look into it.

But you are not correct in the NAVI unit future or non future. Most modern cars have it, most NAVI apps have it and most important, the MAP provider is offering it but it looks like that FORD didn't buy it from the map provider as a additional future for a $800 NAVI unit. Did I assume that a 2015 car has it pre-installed? Absolutely! Why should a $45,000 CAD car doesn't have a $10 future? $20,000 CAD cars have it.

It would be a easy fix for FORD to offer free changeable speed limits with the MyKey future (That's what I thought would be logic if a car is sold now international - but for me it would be nice to have it for Canada too!) - but FORD - as it looks a like - doesn't even live in the 21st Century. Means - non US beginners and more important - parents can't use this future.

Ask Junior. He is soooo Pxxx Oxx that he can't drive because I said he could. Now he can't and must drive with his old car around until he knows how to drive.

I think you guys figure out that this MyKey future from FORD isn't a future at all. It is IMO B.S.!
I still don't understand why you can't set your mykey to 65mph? You claimed the max speed limit where you are is 100km/h. 65mph ~ 105km/h. Done. Easy.

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
MyKey: Static speed limits
Speed limits actually from GPS take the speed from the maps and place where drivers are. (Not always correct but still really useful)

I see that a lot comments have nothing to do with what I asked for. Use your cellphone's free navigation APP and enable speed limits or go for a test drive in a Jeep GC than you see what I am talking about. Most of you guys do live in the USA who never see a snowplow on the HWY. What do snowplows every winter? They smack down every road sign on the side. (Where I live, they do - period!) Every spring crews come out and replace broken speed signs. Speed limits vary depending where you drive. MyKey is a "only FORD future" away from what the mainstream uses what will go down the road as a thing we did see coming and going in the history of cars.

And please don't tell me now that all of us have to use our cellphones free APP because FORD doesn't offer it with the $800 NAVI unit. Again. NAVTEQ/HERE is offering it as a standard future for all other car manufacturer and $100 aftermarket units.
We here in Canada paid $800 but getting much less futures than US (maybe European) customers already. Now the map futures are cut back from FORD too?

Honestly? The poor quality on the Mustang goes through the whole car. That is the biggest surprise a couple of us had to make after delivery IMO.
As far as the information I got from FORD, the navigation-/map futures are close to none and we can't change them with a map update because what you have on the MyTouch unit software will not be updated because of the Sync3 coming out with the 2016 model.

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I like to drive drunk at dangerously high speeds as much as the next guy, but I don't need a chime telling me when I'm doing so.
What we desperately need is a "Speed Up!" prompt for all the stoners creeping along at 25mph in a 55 zone.

I think a mode to auto steer the car into the right hand lane when left lane cruising at or below the speed limit is detected during rush hour traffic would be nice too.

:headbang:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I think another vehicle manufacturer should be in your future:amen:
No offence taken. I drove in my life a lot different cars. Honestly? I expected a bit more from Ford on a 50th anniversary Mustang. I do like my Mustang and I won't ripping parts out to go on the race track. If Ford can't get even basic things at the assembly line right like doors aligned, on a very special car, something isn't right.
I did had a couple phone calls from my CRM because she was not happy when she took a look at some pictures. She also admit that I am not the only one complaining about the poor quality but she is in contact with the dealers to get everything right. I paid much more than you guys South will ever pay for a car. So I expect that Ford delivers a really good car. I am sure Ford can deliver that because you and others posted that nothing is wrong with the ones you got.

Back to the MyFordTouch. Sync2 can't be used with an IPhone, no Speed warning - basic things a car in the year 2015 should easily be doing. If you only drive in the city and areas you know, not a big deal. If you drive around your 1st year with a driver license, speed warning is a good thing to have.

If you don't need it, fine for you. My question was simple. Why people like you think you have the right to tell others to sell the car, is something I can't understand. But I am old enough to know that "Fanboys" can't be objective. :crazy:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Your arguments about speed warnings make no sense - so you know - 99% of people (if not more) are just fine without them and your son will be much better off learning to watch the signs, in case he has drive a car without speed warnings (rental for example). Argument of signs being knocked out by snowplow's is pretty comical too....

You also could go and test drive navigation and check whether features you're looking for were there or not...

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
If you don't need it, fine for you. My question was simple. Why people like you think you have the right to tell others to sell the car, is something I can't understand. But I am old enough to know that "Fanboys" can't be objective. :crazy:
We tell you to sell it because you bitch about it in every post.

I don't need a nanny to tell me I'm speeding, if your son and wife do, maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't be driving in the first place. I sure hope you have the collision system too so they don't have to brake for other cars on their own.

Oh, and my iPhone works fine in the car, bluetooth and usb. If you are so safety and nanny-state oriented you shouldn't be texting at all when in the car.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
this is getting silly now. this guy must be a troll. good work.

Stupid of you to assume no one lives in areas with plows. Why would a fallen sign affect your wife's driving habits? I'm confused.

You're making a HUGE deal over the smallest, most unnecessary feature on the car.

Sounds to me like your wife and children shouldn't be driving at all if they can't drive without all these ridiculous nannies. SELF CONTROL. It's not hard.

So your solution is simple. Sell your mustang and buy a smart car to let your wife and children try to speed in. OR (better yet) don't let them drive the mustang at all!

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
There we go again. Fanboys through and through. If FORD uses the QNX features most car companies do, we should talk again. I am sure that most of you guys who post this rubbish the last couple days, without understanding the question, have no young kids who now start driving. Sure! Navigation systems did not exist and a car radio was still a radio-only unit when I drove around. But again. Why is it "forbidden" here in THIS forum to ask simple questions. Why people like you guys posting here anyways can only be answered with hate against everyone who has questions about none existing (hidden) features or complains about an issue with the new FORD MUSTANG.

You guys can try but I will still post about poor quality and missing features on the new FORD MUSTANG as long this forum exists. Not everyone buys a car without checking the car like you guys do because most of you don't care about the car you drive. If nobody who started bashing and insulting in this thread has something constructive to post about the original question shouldn't post at all.

Thanks for your understanding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.