Sponsored

Speed warnings and NAVI futures useless!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Hello together.

I would like to know where can I enable the street speed warnings like we have on our Jeeps navigation unit. FORD can't be serious, in programming a key (MyKey for teenagers) with 3 speed warnings in MPH and a maximum speed of 135 kph are the solution of selling a car world wide with no speed warnings available for Canada and the rest of the world?! I have no idea IF the MyKey 3 speed limits are practical in the USA at all. Around Edmonton we have inner City roads with speed limits of 30/50/60/70/80/100 kph. Can't we even change the arrow icon on our FORD like we did on our Jeep or Dodge Journey? We here in Canada can't even use and add APPS. The NAVI system is IMO one of the cheapest solutions I have ever used in my life. $800 for a system what has less futures than a $70 TomTom or Garmin. I am not starting with a $18 APP for my phone...... Ohh wait! I can add a background picture... :confused:

I am still waiting for my answer I asked Ford Service last month about the speed limits.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Hello together.

I would like to know where can I enable the street speed warnings like we have on our Jeeps navigation unit. FORD can't be serious, in programming a key (MyKey for teenagers) with 3 speed warnings in MPH and a maximum speed of 135 kph are the solution of selling a car world wide with no speed warnings available for Canada and the rest of the world?! I have no idea IF the MyKey 3 speed limits are practical in the USA at all. Around Edmonton we have inner City roads with speed limits of 30/50/60/70/80/100 kph. Can't we even change the arrow icon on our FORD like we did on our Jeep or Dodge Journey? We here in Canada can't even use and add APPS. The NAVI system is IMO one of the cheapest solutions I have ever used in my life. $800 for a system what has less futures than a $70 TomTom or Garmin. I am not starting with a $18 APP for my phone...... Ohh wait! I can add a background picture... :confused:

I am still waiting for my answer I asked Ford Service last month about the speed limits.
I have literally no idea what you're talking about. What speed warnings? If you have streets with speed limits, don't they have speed limit signs posted so you know how fast you can go?

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
You don't know my wife and son! I am happy that our other cars can enable SPEED WARNINGS. Without it, they would bring a lot of speeding tickets home. The car is actually taken the speed limits from the map data and warns via voice that they are 10 kph over limit. Not always correct but very nice to have for drivers who like to speed. Like my wife. 19th of July she got the Jeep and 20th she got the ticket. :faint:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
You don't know my wife and son! I am happy that our other cars can enable SPEED WARNINGS. Without it, they would bring a lot of speeding tickets home. The car is actually taken the speed limits from the map data and warns via voice that they are 10 kph over limit. Not always correct but very nice to have for drivers who like to speed. Like my wife. 19th of July she got the Jeep and 20th she got the ticket. :faint:
Maybe you need to work on teaching them how to watch the road and their surroundings and to take some responsibility for their actions. :headbonk:

Sponsored

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
Maybe you need to work on teaching them how to watch the road and their surroundings and to take some responsibility for their actions. :headbonk:
This. They could seriously hurt someone driving like that. Unskilled drivers driving is what causes accidents. Speeding ensures it happens faster and more devastating.

Drive safe or don't drive at all. Cars are dangerous and can very easily kill people, if that's not enough for people to pay attention then I don't know what is.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I like to drive drunk at dangerously high speeds as much as the next guy, but I don't need a chime telling me when I'm doing so.

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
OK. So really nobody knows how to enable this on a 2015 Ford? Nobody knows how to get rid of the speed warnings in MPH and switch them to KPH?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
OK. So really nobody knows how to enable this on a 2015 Ford? Nobody knows how to get rid of the speed warnings in MPH and switch them to KPH?
I know how to switch the general instrument cluster information from MPH to KPH (and temperature from F to C, etc.), but it's entirely possible that you're the only person in the world who uses this "speed warning" feature. Even after you've described it I have no idea what you're talking about, and it's certainly not a "feature" I've ever heard anybody else mention at all.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
They need a voice to tell them that are speeding??? Maybe taking the keys away will teach them to pay attention.

And...... It sounds like it didn't make a difference having it in the jeep!

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Chrysler products use a Garmin system.

The navigation shows the current road's speed limit and the MyKey feature can allow you to put a governor (65, 85?). I think the navi has settings to change to kmh. Other than that you are in your own.

Beating a dead horse here but it cannot be said enough....teach your family some responsibility behind the wheel. Lay down the law if they get tix. It is absolutely ridiculous if they can't drive reasonably without big brother

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Chrysler products use a Garmin system.

The navigation shows the current road's speed limit and the MyKey feature can allow you to put a governor (65, 85?). I think the navi has settings to change to kmh. Other than that you are in your own.

Beating a dead horse here but it cannot be said enough....teach your family some responsibility behind the wheel. Lay down the law if they get tix. It is absolutely ridiculous if they can't drive reasonably without big brother
There we go again. Bashing people and not bring one constructive post.
But you scratched it a bit. MyKey allows us couple people, who do not live in the USA (only a couple) not to put our National speed limits as a warning. You guys still don't get my question? So because here in Canada and the rest of the WORLD, we actually don't drive with 55MPH through a City. It would be nice, if we could change the MyKey 3 pre-sets "free". MyKey should protect our beginner's - but I guess we aren't worth the effort because we do not live in the USA? ?? Our son drives his 1st year alone. My wife got twice rear ended and one hit from the side. She is since then screening the roads more than looking at street signs.

So again. Anybody knows how to switch the MyKey future to national traffic laws or use the map data? And please stop bashing around. Thanks!

Mattitude

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smafclub.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Okay. While I share everyone else's sentiments about being personally responsible and driving safely, I think we may have all misunderstood your original question/issue.

TRANSLATION: Papaya lives in Canada, where speed is measured in km/h. He wants to enable the limiting features of Ford MyKey. However, the MyKey limits may only be configurable in US MPH standard speed limits, not Candian km/h standard speed limits, nor are they 'dynamic' in order to reflect the posted speed limit.

Holger, is that correct?

From the manual, page 50:

Vehicle speed minders of 45 mph
(75 km/h), 55 mph (90 km/h) or
65 mph (105 km/h). Once you select
a speed, it will be shown in the display,
followed by an audible tone when the
preselected vehicle speed is exceeded.
As far as the speed limit warnings from the NAV system, it simply doesn't do it, or at least I've never seed it advertised/suggested anywhere that it would.
Would that be neat feature to have? Absolutely!
Should you have assumed the Mustang had it because another make/model did? Absolutely not.

This will likely be one of the advantages to those who are choosing to wait for 2016/SYNC3; being able to get this data from whatever NAV/GPS application you use on your mobile phone and not being tied to the very limited factory NAV system.
~Matt

OP
OP
Papaya

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Okay. While I share everyone else's sentiments about being personally responsible and driving safely, I think we may have all misunderstood your original question/issue.

TRANSLATION: Papaya lives in Canada, where speed is measured in km/h. He wants to enable the limiting features of Ford MyKey. However, the MyKey limits may only be configurable in US MPH standard speed limits, not Candian km/h standard speed limits, nor are they 'dynamic' in order to reflect the posted speed limit.

Holger, is that correct?

From the manual, page 50:

As far as the speed limit warnings from the NAV system, it simply doesn't do it, or at least I've never seed it advertised/suggested anywhere that it would.
Would that be neat feature to have? Absolutely!
Should you have assumed the Mustang had it because another make/model did? Absolutely not.

This will likely be one of the advantages to those who are choosing to wait for 2016/SYNC3; being able to get this data from whatever NAV/GPS application you use on your mobile phone and not being tied to the very limited factory NAV system.
~Matt
You are correct in the MyKey application. It's simply not changeable for the international market. So far, Ford Services did not answer my question in how to change the MyKey future, also that they promised to look into it.

But you are not correct in the NAVI unit future or non future. Most modern cars have it, most NAVI apps have it and most important, the MAP provider is offering it but it looks like that FORD didn't buy it from the map provider as a additional future for a $800 NAVI unit. Did I assume that a 2015 car has it pre-installed? Absolutely! Why should a $45,000 CAD car doesn't have a $10 future? $20,000 CAD cars have it.

It would be a easy fix for FORD to offer free changeable speed limits with the MyKey future (That's what I thought would be logic if a car is sold now international - but for me it would be nice to have it for Canada too!) - but FORD - as it looks a like - doesn't even live in the 21st Century. Means - non US beginners and more important - parents can't use this future.

Ask Junior. He is soooo Pxxx Oxx that he can't drive because I said he could. Now he can't and must drive with his old car around until he knows how to drive.

I think you guys figure out that this MyKey future from FORD isn't a future at all. It is IMO B.S.!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.