Sponsored

SPEED BLEEDERS

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I see says the blind man, I also am a long wolf in a garage, less distractions.
Less distractions and less chance of someone doing something stupid. I have one buddy who I trust, the others...not so much.

The motive is great, but I'd never fill it with fluid. The idea of using a pressurized tank of brake fluid gives me shivers.

It allows for a one man brake job with bleeding being the easiest part!
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Less distractions and less chance of someone doing something stupid. I have one buddy who I trust, the others...not so much.

The motive is great, but I'd never fill it with fluid. The idea of using a pressurized tank of brake fluid gives me shivers.

It allows for a one man brake job with bleeding being the easiest part!
Said a mouth full right there ............ <big smile>

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You gotta expand on that one! What’s your concern? What do you think the difference is between pressuring the reservoir with it with or without fluid in it? Just curious.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You gotta expand on that one! What’s your concern? What do you think the difference is between pressuring the reservoir with it with or without fluid in it? Just curious.
Ever see a pressurized hose of brake fluid spray all over the engine bay, hood, fenders, your face? Bad Ju-ju.

Also, it's messy. My Motive is clean inside and out. No risk of getting brake fluid anywhere and I don't have to clean it.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ever see a pressurized hose of brake fluid spray all over the engine bay, hood, fenders, your face? Bad Ju-ju.
Have you? Have you seen a Motive bleeder fail, come apart, or distribute such chaos (that wasn’t user error)? Gotta say you’re right, no, I never have (which is the point). And also, with about 10-15 psi, that pressure is gonna drop just about instantaneously; I think your dramatic description of the impending turmoil was a bit…dramatic, LOL.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ever see a pressurized hose of brake fluid spray all over the engine bay, hood, fenders, your face? Bad Ju-ju...
Yup. Been there, done that. Straight into my face, actually. The Sealy is so much better made. I use the Sealy for the BMW's and Stahlbus for the GT350.

There's something about the Stahlbus design that's not clear unless you go to the German website and read the instructions (in English) on how to use it. They specify an initial flush with a vacuum gizmo pulling brake fluid through the system to clear out old fluid - the equivalent of a Motiv flush. Then you follow that flush with the 1/2 turn pressure bleed process.

They claim that the low-pressure or vacuum flush doesn't get all the air out of the system, and you need the second stage to finish the job. With the one-way valve at 1/2 turn, the bleeder creates high hydraulic pressure in the brake system, just like pushing the pedal in a two-person bleed. The pedal is surprisingly difficult to push down with the 1/2 turn setting.

The benefit of high pressure during a bleed is that any remaining air bubbles are squashed and dislodged from wherever they're hiding inside the calipers or brake lines.

It's that high pressure bleed feature that sold me on Stahlbus in the first place. A low pressure (Motive or Sealy) flush is fine for the daily drivers but I wanted a "real" bleed for track use.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I use these: https://www.stahlbus-us.com/bleedin...-m10x10x14mm-s-steel-with-black-dust-cap.html

They are the best product of their type on the planet. They're made of steel, they have a spring-loaded valve and o-ring seal so air can't get in when you lift the brake pedal. I started using them in 2014 and it was a revelation. They give you a very clean bleed (rock-hard pedal) every time with no leaks or mess.
$143 for a set of 4 and how many do I need? 8 total? Front and rear use the same ones?
Sponsored