Sponsored

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Just changed out plugs. New NKGs 6510's are in. Used gap tool from Bill's post above. All gapped to .028. Ford plugs looked ok, but gaps were .029-.032. Might be kidding myself but seems smoother and after about 3/4 tank, mpg is up 10-15%. For me worth the time and money. Thanks to all on this thread, especially Adam. He is always available for tuning suggestions, it's appreciated.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Just changed out plugs. New NKGs 6510's are in. Used gap tool from Bill's post above. All gapped to .028. Ford plugs looked ok, but gaps were .029-.032. Might be kidding myself but seems smoother and after about 3/4 tank, mpg is up 10-15%. For me worth the time and money. Thanks to all on this thread, especially Adam. He is always available for tuning suggestions, it's appreciated.
You are very welcome!

The car definitely runs smoother with the NGK 6510's. I like the Denso's as well!

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
What's with the name change??
I am no longer with MAPerformance, I will be focusing on tuning development only moving forward.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
I am no with MAPerformance, I will be focusing on tuning development only moving forward.
I hope the split was amicable. In my mind, and I expect in the mind of many others, you and MAPerformance were one and the same. I can already see that you will continue to be a voice here. That's good news. Do you have any idea what we can expect from MAPerformance?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I hope the split was amicable. In my mind, and I expect in the mind of many others, you and MAPerformance were one and the same. I can already see that you will continue to be a voice here. That's good news. Do you have any idea what we can expect from MAPerformance?
I'm not sure, they will be developing some more products and I believe I will be brought in to do the R&D Testing. We are separating on good terms.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
That's cray. I didn't realize anyone else worked at MAP

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Good luck going forward Adam!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I am actually glad you asked. Right now, we just wrapped up defining our goals for the platform moving into the beginning of the next season.

Some, not all, of these include two major goals:

1) Wrapping up the development cycle of our solution to the fueling limitations of the stock setup...this is something we have had some success with and in an experimental form, we have successfully made very good power...we have some solutions in progress through our R&D process, but I don't want to give away any secrets, yet.

2) We plan on making some fast passes with this platform...it's actually a company goal and we intend on sticking to our guns.

3) We will continue to develop and refine existing products, offering top tier customer support and excellent pricing.

4) We will continue to have fun with this car...just like you are having with yours.

All in all, not much is changing, in terms of what we plan to accomplish and what we envision as a future for this platform. We look forward to serving the community and appreciate the success of the entire Ecoboost line up!

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
I am actually glad you asked. Right now, we just wrapped up defining our goals for the platform moving into the beginning of the next season.

Some, not all, of these include two major goals:

1) Wrapping up the development cycle of our solution to the fueling limitations of the stock setup...this is something we have had some success with and in an experimental form, we have successfully made very good power...we have some solutions in progress through our R&D process, but I don't want to give away any secrets, yet.

2) We plan on making some fast passes with this platform...it's actually a company goal and we intend on sticking to our guns.

3) We will continue to develop and refine existing products, offering top tier customer support and excellent pricing.

4) We will continue to have fun with this car...just like you are having with yours.

All in all, not much is changing, in terms of what we plan to accomplish and what we envision as a future for this platform. We look forward to serving the community and appreciate the success of the entire Ecoboost line up!
That's great to hear Nate. MAPerformance has been a huge part of this community. Glad to see you are going to continue to carry the flag forward. All the best.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Does MAP still have knowledgeable pro tuners for this platform?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Does MAP still have knowledgeable pro tuners for this platform?
Absolutely. Many people were unaware of what happens behind the scenes but I assure you our team is fully capable of taking this platform to the next level!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.