Sponsored

Spark plug removal clearance

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of angle or extension are you a using to have clearance to change out the spark plugs closest to the firewall. Or do I have to remove the piece between that and the battery box?
20190701_092501.jpg
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I use a swivel spark plug socket, 3" extension, 3/8" swivel, 6" extension, and ratchet. drop the spark plug socket and first extension in, then add the next swivel and extension.

OP
OP
rum_punch_ruby

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up removing the battery box then that metal piece bolts out. PITA

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I use a swivel spark plug socket, 3" extension, 3/8" swivel, 6" extension, and ratchet. drop the spark plug socket and first extension in, then add the next swivel and extension.
this is pretty much exactly what i did. i was suprised how easy it was to change the plugs. took me maybe an hour and that's with drinking a few beers and bullshitting with getting the intake back on.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I attempted to change out my plugs a while back and started on this cylinder. I gave up on the whole thing. WTF was Ford thinking? I may try again with what is listed here.

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just this, only thing I will add is don't just drop it back in cause you could close the gap on your plug by hitting it.
Sponsored