The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the post in the S550 area about the Ford spare tire kit. I know it won't fit over the Brembo brakes but I know the Automotive Authority will.

https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....ang-gt-with-brembo-brakes?variant=35757212297

My question is for those who have 20" wheels on your car whether all around or staggered. I have 19's on the front but 20's on the rear. What do you do if you get a flat on a 20" wheel. Will the Auto Authority 19" spare still work? Can I drive it like that to my shop of choice?
Sponsored

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
I think it would be one of those situations where, say if the flat was on the rear, then you'd swap a front with the spare and throw the front on the flat.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would be one of those situations where, say if the flat was on the rear, then you'd swap a front with the spare and throw the front on the flat.
I get what you are saying. I will still have a 19" on the rear but a much better tire than the spare.

I just don't know if driving with a 19 and a 20 on the rear at the same time is safe for the car.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The car doesnā€™t care what /wheel/ you have, it only cares about the tireā€™s rolling diameter.

Yeah you can run slightly unequal tire diameters for a short distance.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
What he said! The spare tire is set up diameter is very close to the factory original whether youā€™re running a 19 or 20 inch wheel because the tire size will determine the overall diameter. I actually have one of their spare tire kits that I threw on my trunk for long distance trips for peace of mind. If I were to get a flat that I could repair on the spot I would use a plug kit first and if that didnā€™t work then I would throw on the spare tire and drive to the nearest tire repair shop. If you were to get a flat that was not repairable in the field you are genuinely stuck because no oneā€˜s going to stock most of our size tires. Which means you could be looking at a hotel stay for a day or days. In Boonyville.
Sponsored