Sponsored

Spare tire option

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What's the drive like with the tire? Drive below 35mph max kind of drive? I assume you have a emergency mini jack, breaker bar, and the rest of the stuff to get the job done on the side?

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Ford actually has a full size spare tire kit in their inventory, as they were required on some export cars. Like my Gt350 picutred below. But although it's good to have a full size spare, it also uses ALL the trunk space.

In know signature wheel has a spare now also. There is a thread on it in the GT500 section.

So that's 2 alternatives to the one you mentioned.
IMG_20201114_110243_735.jpg

dboz1983

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150, ā€˜20 GT350
I keep a jack and lug nut wrench in the car as well, the spare fits in the wheel well and allows the trunk mat to sit flat.

I havenā€™t driven on that tire and am unsure on the speed rating. I donā€™t think I would take it on the interstate, but I am confident it would get me home if I had to put it on.

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I keep a jack and lug nut wrench in the car as well, the spare fits in the wheel well and allows the trunk mat to sit flat.

I havenā€™t driven on that tire and am unsure on the speed rating. I donā€™t think I would take it on the interstate, but I am confident it would get me home if I had to put it on.
I looked at their site. $439.00 sounds reasonable. Does that include the lug wrench and jack? The site does say it includes the spare tire, wrench and jack assembly. Just want to make sure. The company also doesn't show a phone number. Thanks in advance.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I looked at their site. $439.00 sounds reasonable. Does that include the lug wrench and jack? The site does say it includes the spare tire, wrench and jack assembly. Just want to make sure. The company also doesn't show a phone number. Thanks in advance.
See the drop-down on the page. $439 is for the wheel and tire only. The complete kit is $545 and includes the jack & lug wrench as well. I bought the full kit. I like the peace of mind of having a spare, just in case, on long trips.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
See the drop-down on the page. $439 is for the wheel and tire only. The complete kit is $545 and includes the jack & lug wrench as well. I bought the full kit. I like the peace of mind of having a spare, just in case, on long trips.
Honestly, you'll need your own breaker bar to undo the 150 lb/ft. At least my stick arms require it... I'd outsource all of that stuff and only look into a jack which run for $40-$60 bucks on Amazon. Obviously if the one ford can provided is one that fits inside the spare tire well then that's a huge and may not need to look anywhere else.

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
So what's the thought.......if you go "full" size.......a front size wheel and tire to work in F or R position?

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Tire iron and a kick'll do the job if you skipped arm day. Not sure how long the stock 2-piece lugs can stand up to the abuse though.
Yep. And I don't use the stock silver 2-piece lugs anyway. I've been using the same set of black Gorilla lugnuts since 2016 instead, without issue. They look better anyway, IMHO.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I bought the Automotive Authority Spare when it was first released in early 18' for my 15' GT/PP, now it's in the GT350. I bough the kit which came with the Ford jack and handle. The GT350 and GT350R both require a wheel spacer to fit, the R spacer is wider and purchased separately.
The other thing with the AA spare tire using the factory style jack, is if you have jack rails the factory jack might not work

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I bought the Automotive Authority Spare when it was first released in early 18' for my 15' GT/PP, now it's in the GT350. I bough the kit which came with the Ford jack and handle. The GT350 and GT350R both require a wheel spacer to fit, the R spacer is wider and purchased separately.
The other thing with the AA spare tire using the factory style jack, is if you have jack rails the factory jack might not work
It seems to come with a spacer according to this video.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Since I bought mine for the GT/PP I had to purchase a spacer for the GT350... and your right it should be included... although I didnā€™t see on the list of items....