Sponsored

Spacers

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
I’ve been looking for spacers for my 2016 GT. most people seem to use 25mm spacers but looking at the rear they would stick out a lot. To me 15mm would suit better as I don’t want any poke. Is it possible to get 15mm hubcentric bolt on spacers or is 20mm the smallest bolt on ? I don’t want to change studs if possible. Can I buy 20mm and mill them down to even 17mm or 18mm ?
I’ll go 20mm on the front.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agonised for a long time over spacers, I'm 23mm front & 20mm at the rear. Whilst the rear do technically poke out by a few mm (maybe 3-5), I'm super happy with it. I guess you could call it a flush look. Got hundreds and hundreds of photos so if you need a specific angle, I probably have it!

20200912-3.jpg

IMG_9392.JPG

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
I agonised for a long time over spacers, I'm 23mm front & 20mm at the rear. Whilst the rear do technically poke out by a few mm (maybe 3-5), I'm super happy with it. I guess you could call it a flush look. Got hundreds and hundreds of photos so if you need a specific angle, I probably have it!

20200912-3.jpg

IMG_9392.JPG
That looks good 🙌 I’ve been looking into this for weeks now and can’t decide what to do. Did you get 25mm spacers milled to 23mm or where did you get the 23mm ?
Are you on springs or coilovers ?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That looks good 🙌 I’ve been looking into this for weeks now and can’t decide what to do. Did you get 25mm spacers milled to 23mm or where did you get the 23mm ?
Are you on springs or coilovers ?
I'm on the standard Eibach Pro lowering springs. I got them direct through Ford, they were £150 which are a great deal, not sure if they still do them though.

GT101 in Essex did my spacers, from memory one pair were Eibach as well (not sure which though), and the other one was a different brand. I'll try to find out. The studs on the rear do need shaving down a touch as they poke out past the face of the 20mm spacers.

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
I'm on the standard Eibach Pro lowering springs. I got them direct through Ford, they were £150 which are a great deal, not sure if they still do them though.

GT101 in Essex did my spacers, from memory one pair were Eibach as well (not sure which though), and the other one was a different brand. I'll try to find out. The studs on the rear do need shaving down a touch as they poke out past the face of the 20mm spacers.
When you say GT101 did the spacers did they fit them or shave them down for you or were you able to buy 23mm spacers ?
I’m going to go with the eibach pro too. How do you find the ride quality on them ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
Where did you get your tail lights need to get the all red myself ?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
When you say GT101 did the spacers did they fit them or shave them down for you or were you able to buy 23mm spacers ?
I’m going to go with the eibach pro too. How do you find the ride quality on them ?
GT101 just fit them, they were standard 23mm spacers.

For the springs, there is a night and day difference feeling on body roll, you'll know what I mean if you've thrown the GT around some corners! The springs make it feel a lot more planted. Ride is a bit firmer, but I think that can be said of most lowering springs.

For the taillights, it's just red vinyl if you can believe it! I paid about 30 euros for a set years ago and then made my own template (I had an ecoboost before the GT). You can get a roll of red vinyl for about £6. Install is tricky though, I had a vinyl/wrapping shop put them on for me. To be fair, they've held up amazingly well. Had them on over 6 years now and they're still as solid as day 1. See this thread; https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/red-tail-lights.84937/page-9

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
GT101 just fit them, they were standard 23mm spacers.

For the springs, there is a night and day difference feeling on body roll, you'll know what I mean if you've thrown the GT around some corners! The springs make it feel a lot more planted. Ride is a bit firmer, but I think that can be said of most lowering springs.

For the taillights, it's just red vinyl if you can believe it! I paid about 30 euros for a set years ago and then made my own template (I had an ecoboost before the GT). You can get a roll of red vinyl for about £6. Install is tricky though, I had a vinyl/wrapping shop put them on for me. To be fair, they've held up amazingly well. Had them on over 6 years now and they're still as solid as day 1. See this thread; https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/red-tail-lights.84937/page-9
Wow they look great. Do the indicators shine through or do they blink red ?
mind me asking where you got the 23mm spacers ?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Indicators are oem, so the amber flashes through on the outer ones. In direct sunlight the lights don't show as well FYI. But it's never caused me a problem. There are darker red vinyls out there and I've heard of people being asked to remove them

I wish I could tell you where I got the 23mm spacers but I can't find out for the life of me where I got them lol

A good friend of mine copied my set up, so I'll ask him. But I have a feeling GT101 just sourced them for me.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT

20200912-3.jpg

IMG_9392.JPG
Your Pony looks powerful standing still, but don’t the wheels hit the body when going over big bumps?

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Should have guessed, from Nemesis. Great supplier of parts, got quite a lot from them

88c67a8c-1a61-4197-90a3-64892440bba2.jpeg

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I really don’t like bolt on spacers….as good as they may look. Mine are 15mm Eibachs with longer studs.

IMG_3092.jpeg

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
I really don’t like bolt on spacers….as good as they may look. Mine are 15mm Eibachs with longer studs.

IMG_3092.jpeg
Is it a big job to change the studs ? Your the first I’ve heard say they don’t like the bolt on’s why do you not like them ? Did you go 15mm all round ?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Is it a big job to change the studs ? Your the first I’ve heard say they don’t like the bolt on’s why do you not like them ? Did you go 15mm all round ?

Coming from a track background and having seen spacers break before……I’d rather longer studs anchored the wheels by the steel hubs and not just an Ali spacer, it’s also another set of bolts and mating surfaces. It’s probably just me being cautious but I don’t want to find out the hard way lol

Not too bad to fit, fronts are easy but the rear hubs need to come off as there isn’t room to even get the originals out.

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

IMG_2126.jpeg
Sponsored