Sponsored

Sound difference, axle backs vs catbacks

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
It's too quiet for some (but it's not actually quiet at all), but I think the FRPP Touring catback sounds amazing. That and the Corsa Sport catback, which is similar volume to the FRPP Sport.

Hey that 2nd clip looks familiar! Lol I agree, the frpp touring sounds real nice. A very solid choice for a daily driver. I decided I need something louder and deeper, only reason I took it off
Sponsored

OP
OP

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
To clarify, did your new system come with Xpipe (S-type), and not the Borla resonator (Touring)?
New system is axleback. I'm replacing the factory resonator with a j&m x-pipe; no resonators.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i dunno what you call drone 5liter.. i have legatos and a x pipe.. about the only time i get it is in 6th at low rpm .. like below 2k and hit the gas..but if im going to hit the gas i downshift, seeing that 2k doesnt have enough power in the powerband for anything.

id like to hear yours after the res x your installing though

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I've got the borla S type catback. Definitely not super loud or obnoxious in any way. Zero drone too. Cold start is kind of loud but won't wake the neighbors.

My first setup I had my ATAKs from my 13 welded in. Sounded ok definitely better than stock. Then I picked up an H pipe from CJ. Holy hell. Crazy loud. One of the loudest exhausts. Clod start was like an airplane taking off. Neighbors would complain, people would just stare at me when leaving work. Zero drone though. Crazy when you got on it. It was fun for awhile but it got old quick. Sold them to a friend and got the S type. Couldn't be happier.

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
i dunno what you call drone 5liter.. i have legatos and a x pipe.. about the only time i get it is in 6th at low rpm .. like below 2k and hit the gas..but if im going to hit the gas i downshift, seeing that 2k doesnt have enough power in the powerband for anything.

id like to hear yours after the res x your installing though
Mine had booming drone between 1500 to 1900 rpm. 6th gear was only fine at 80mph. Anytime i put a load on the engine no matter how slight it sounded like a big subwoofer booming under my seat. Installed the magnaflow xpipe res 11385 and the drone is mostly gone and the rasp is completely gone. Nice deep and throaty to redline. Worth it.

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
Roush AB and frpp x pipe /thread

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium