Status
Not open for further replies.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Last night on my wife's way home from work a homeless man attempted to car jack her.

She was waiting at stop light when he started to cross the street. He stopped right in front of the car and looked her in the eye. He then dropped his bags, went to passenger door and began jerking on the handle. My wife went into deer in the headlights mode. Just has he started to pound his fist on the window the light turned green and nailed the throttle, at which point I think he was still holding onto the door handle. The wife said she checked the review and he was laying in the middle of the street.

Be careful out there, and most of all... be aware.

thief.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I had someone follow me into my neighborhood before. Shitters everywhere these days

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Luckily she got away without injury. Just hope he wasn't smart enough to get your plate #, he would probably track you down to sue for injuring his hand when he tried to open the door. And being out there in Crazyfornia, he would probably win.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Some people are POS and want a quick way out. I'm glad she's safe. It's easy to say what I would do if it was me or what she/he could of done better but we will never know until we're in their shoes. Kudos to her.

You never know these days ... ppl walk around strapped looking for fast money and others property. I'm usually very careful and watch my surroundings but ya never know.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Wow this world these days...

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Last night on my wife's way home from work a homeless man attempted to car jack her.

She was waiting at stop light when he started to cross the street. He stopped right in front of the car and looked her in the eye. He then dropped his bags, went to passenger door and began jerking on the handle. My wife went into deer in the headlights mode. Just has he started to pound his fist on the window the light turned green and nailed the throttle, at which point I think he was still holding onto the door handle. The wife said she checked the review and he was laying in the middle of the street.

Be careful out there, and most of all... be aware.

thief.jpg
My friend had the exact same thing happen to him, but the guy actually opened the passenger side door, Only problem for that thug was my friends a lawful CCW owner and had his .45 colt staring that guy right at his face. My friend said he ask him did you need something, in which the thug said, no man, my mistake and got out. Always carry your concealed for quick access.agnet mounts by your leg is a good spot. Takes to long to get out of the glove box or center console. Don't let criminals decide your life's outcome. Cheers.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
People feel too safe in their cars. They don't pay attention to the traffic around them, what makes you think they're going to pay any attention to possible criminal threats around them.
The first rule of street survival is situational awareness, knowing what potential dangers may be around you. Thugs are looking for easy victims they can surprise and get the upper hand off the bat. If they know that you are aware of their presence, they have lost the element of surprise and may be a difficult target, and not worth the effort.
In Qckslvr's wife case, she did the right thing by having her doors locked. This provided a temporary barrier between her and the goblin. She could have driven off at any time as long as it was safe to do so. Be a terrible thing to just drive off into the path of a semi, and get T-boned on the driver's side. In her case she did drive off when she thought she could do so, and she didn't stop driving. Who cares about the goblin. Go to where it is safe and call the police to report the crime. That way, if the goblin does try to report a hit and run, the police will be able to sort things out. Concealing the incident doesn't look good in an investigation.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Most newer cars, after the initial start up and roll out, the doors auto lock.

Lucky for the OP’s wife, she was unharmed.

IMO, if someone starts to approach the vehicle at night like that, they have ill intent and the driver better take action by leaving…

Always be aware of your surroundings, not only if in a car, but when on foot too. Not only be aware, but ALWAYS make sure you have an out - don’t box yourself in or corner yourself, always have an out.

If a person’s home state does not allow concealed carry, then Pepper Spray, Mace or a Taser is next best to keep on person or in center console.

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
What manual trans is better for a daily driver?

IMO, if someone starts to approach the vehicle at night like that, they have ill intent and the driver better take action by leaving…

Always be aware of your surroundings, not only if in a car, but when on foot too. Not only be aware, but ALWAYS make sure you have an out - don’t box yourself in or corner yourself, always have an out.

If a person’s home state does not allow concealed carry, then Pepper Spray, Mace or a Taser is next best to keep on person or in center console.
Just make sure you get GOOD pepper spray. I used some junk once that just turned the guy's face orange. I would have been better off slapping the guy with a pool noodle .

OP, glad your wife made it away safely.

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Glad to hear she was unharmed, and still has her car.

Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

In my friend's new camry, the doors automatically unlock when the car goes into park. Helped her turn that off but it's not the first car I've seen with that "convenience".

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
My dad was driving my car through town when I was still living at home years ago. A kid jumped out in front of him and threw a newspaper at the car and tried to get my dad to chase him on foot. My dad got out of the car and almost took the bait but he noticed the second kid approaching from the side who was going to jump into the car and drive off. My dad snatched that kid and thwarted the whole incident.

Glad your wife is ok. Stay diligent out there.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I had someone follow me into my neighborhood before. Shitters everywhere these days
I followed someone home once like 20 years ago. They were freaking out and all I was doing was giving them the trash they threw out like 10 miles away. I was a dumb 20 year old being an ass.

Glad she made it away from the guy and that her door was locked.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My friend had the exact same thing happen to him, but the guy actually opened the passenger side door, Only problem for that thug was my friends a lawful CCW owner and had his .45 colt staring that guy right at his face. My friend said he ask him did you need something, in which the thug said, no man, my mistake and got out. Always carry your concealed for quick access.agnet mounts by your leg is a good spot. Takes to long to get out of the glove box or center console. Don't let criminals decide your life's outcome. Cheers.
In Louisiana, your car is an extension of your home. You can have a gun in your car without CC permit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.