Speaking of parking lots..... :doh:

BTW. It was a hit and run! :mad:
Sponsored

Craiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
That sucks man. I was thinking about going to Target tomorrow. LOL. I wonder how long after getting the new Mustang the nervousness of parking wears off? I workout at 24 Hour Fitness so I don't need extra exercise to park far away from the store. You could also pick spots were their isn't another one next to it just the median or a tree. Or pick a parking space that's not handicapped but is next to one because it has that three striped space next to it.

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
^^ No kidding, that is terrible. I've had plenty of a-holes ding up past cars with their doors, but never full on panel damage like that. People have absolutely no respect for anyone else's property, it's maddening. I did have some puke slam his door into my (old) car while I was sitting in it and then deny that he hit my car right after I jumped out. Miraculously there was no damage to my car (it was a hard thump) but the audacity of lying to my face...

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Papaya, damn that's ugly. I'd be hauled to jail by the end of the night.

Sponsored

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This aggravates me to no end !!! I don't know what it is about people and their inability to drive, park or God forbid back up. People don't drive anymore they just point and hope for the best. I am sorry about all the damage you guys have received I hope they come out good as new.
Or how about just being honest when you make a mistake? What gives someone the right to damage your property and drive away?

I "cupped" a car in a tight parking lot once with the side of my truck (box) at the corner of their bumper. I couldn't find ANY damage but I left a note with my name and number and stayed parked there. When I came out they were gone. No call. I felt good that I did the right thing IN CASE they found something later.

In the OP's case, there's no way the idiot who did that didn't know it.

As for the minivans... don't think those side-sliding doors are going to keep you safe. Twice, I've had the fat woman with kids push her cart right up between the cars to load the kids and groceries in and not give a damn about scratching what was next to her (yeah, once it was mine!)

I find parking next to something NICE is usually a safe bet.

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you park out of the way, like in an empty corner and you have a dash cam with parking mode, and some a-hole decide to hit your car, you would have at least gotten the perps plate. File that police report and justice will be served.
LOL! What jurisdiction do you live in?

YOU: "Hey, Johnny Law, I have PROOF of the guy who hit me in the parking lot!"
COPS: "OK... call your insurance company... we're eating doughnuts."

Unless there's an injury or related felony crime, the cops really don't give a damn. Better to publish the video on YouTube and let the local news outlets help it go viral.

Wile E. Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Altima, 2015 Mustang GT on order
I called my insurance company and they told me I can just pay my deductible and get it fixed and it won't show up on the car records because it's a "comp" thing whatever that means, I don't know what to do but if I do decide to go that way I'm putting a roush front end so I can at least get my money's worth.
Generally speaking, comp covers vandalism and theft whereas collision covers damage done while moving. I guess vandalism doesn't show up on CarMax data.

Wile E. Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Altima, 2015 Mustang GT on order
You'd think people will learn by now. The person who parks next to you at the back of the lot is just busting your ballz. They usually know exactly what they are doing and how much sleep you are gonna lose over it.:)
This is the same reason I like using the urinal next to one being occupied even if there are dozens more available.

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I refuse to park next to a car that has a baby seat fitted.

Apart from positioning their stroller right next to your car when loading/unloading, mothers tend to swing those rear doors open without a care in the world.

I'd love to park in those 'parents with prams' spots that some shopping centres have - plenty of room on both sides and pretty much no chance of being dinged!

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
well
here is, what i do to Keep my cars in shape as well as myself
park your car as far as possible from the shop-entrence
most of those idiots who usually damage your car follow this parking strategy
i have to park as Close as possible to the entrence, no matter what is costs.

a Little walk is good for your Body as well as for the Body of your car...

oh, i forgot: and even the longest walks save time in the Long run. maybe you save a Minute or two by parking Close to the entrence, but you frequently have to invest time (usually lots of) for visiting your dealer to get your car repaired

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
well
here is, what i do to Keep my cars in shape as well as myself
park your car as far as possible from the shop-entrence
most of those idiots who usually damage your car follow this parking strategy
i have to park as Close as possible to the entrence, no matter what is costs.

a Little walk is good for your Body as well as for the Body of your car...

oh, i forgot: and even the longest walks save time in the Long run. maybe you save a Minute or two by parking Close to the entrence, but you frequently have to invest time (usually lots of) for visiting your dealer to get your car repaired
When we got to Superstore, there wasn't one car at the lot where we parked our Mustang. Witnesses say, because of that, the frxxxxx Pickup driver backed into my car with a lot space all over the place but hit our Mustang. I believe that the driver didn't see our low Mustang in his mirrors. :rant:
Sponsored