Solving a Drone problem

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Hello everyone again. My Mustang currently has a resonator delete x pipe, an mbrp muffler delete axle back, the Drone is pretty crazy around 2K RPM and cruising at 70 on the highway. it's not too bad for me per se but I do have a young child she still at the age where she sleeps in the car and it doesn't bother her but in the future when she's awake I wonder that the Drone will bother her. So I've been looking for asystem that doesn't drone.

I've been told the Corsa extremes and the Borla Ataks almost no drone at all. I was told the Borla's have some of the best built systems possible. Even on videos with long tube headers for Both the Corsa Xtremes and Borla Ataks, the user say there is almost no drone on the inside of cabin. which sounds perfect cuz that's even louder than what I currently have but it better on the inside. I guess you get what you pay for LOL.

I'm here to ask if anyone has either set up, weather at Corsa, longtubes or not, Borla Ataks, long tubes or not. if you're experienced the same from the people I've heard or no? or if you haven't even better set up that doesn't ruin either I will listen! Thank you all. Car is auto if that makes a difference...
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Muffler deletes will drone. You can kill some of if with a MF Tru X but will kill most volume too.

Corsa Xtremes do not drone at all. Stock or on headers. However, if going long tubes consider the Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes. While they sounded great stock the tone turned too trumpety after the long tubes. Added Vibrant resonators to address the tone and that helped. Ended up cutting off the Xtreme mufflers and resonators but keeping Corsa double X and adding AWE Touring mufflers. Favorite sound of the combos I tested. Screams up top, character down low, 0 drone. But had I gone Corsa Sport to begin with likely would have saved that journey.

Also consider going AWE Touring catback. It comes with H pipe and resonators to combine with the mufflers. 0 drone and sounds great.

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Thanks. Have you heard anything when it comes to the Borla Ataks? I saw this video here, I reached out to the user and he said even with the headers there is absolutely no drone, but it shatters a neighborhood when you first turn it on and I kind of like that lol.

Peon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
I have the corsa sport on my 17 gt. I choose the sport over the extreme mainly because i felt it sounds a little deeper and less raspy. Another reason was in case i did decide to get headers. The coyote seems to be a raspy engine in general but the sport just had a tad bit deeper tone for me

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Have you heard anything when it comes to the Borla Ataks? I saw this video here, I reached out to the user and he said even with the headers there is absolutely no drone, but it shatters a neighborhood when you first turn it on and I kind of like that lol.
Ya Ataks have similar attributes. No drone, a tad deeper sound, a tad quieter than Xtremes, tad louder than Sports. Bout similar to AWE in factory form. Cold starts on any of them are brutal.

Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought '12g pump'.

I saw this video here, I reached out to the user and he said even with the headers there is absolutely no drone, but it shatters a neighborhood when you first turn it on and I kind of like that lol.
I like it too, just not in my neighbourhood.

+1 for AWE Touring, no drone and sounds great. Would still be careful though if you leave early every day and live in a built up area.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
LTH Scorpion axle backs have J tubes that are very effective at minimizing the 2000 rpm drone, I think they sound great paired with the stock resonator. They’re much better at 2000 rpm than either the stock mufflers or the Roush / Steeda clones that I tried.

Last edited:

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I had the exact same setup on my 16, if I could do it over again I would buy s types with long tubes.
If you are not going to ever put on long tubes ataks were fine but if you ever plan on them do as others have said and go s types/ touring muffler.
Below is my YouTube name if you wanted to check out the videos of my setup when i had it.
lck780064

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I saw this video here, I reached out to the user and he said even with the headers there is absolutely no drone, but it shatters a neighborhood when you first turn it on and I kind of like that lol.
Son of the family across the street seems to recently have gotten a Yamaha R6 ("supersports" bike). R6's are nice bikes, but this nitwit has put on an aftermarket exhaust that sounds really crap and seems to enjoy waking up the neighbourhood every time he goes out to buy some KY for his hand. Annoying as fuck, even for guys like me who like (and still own) bikes like that

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
I had the exact same setup on my 16, if I could do it over again I would buy s types with long tubes.
If you are not going to ever put on long tubes ataks were fine but if you ever plan on them do as others have said and go s types/ touring muffler.
Below is my YouTube name if you wanted to check out the videos of my setup when i had it.
lck780064
Thanks I check out your videos! Are you saying go S types because the Stainless LTH with Borla Ataks create a drone or it just doesn't sound as good?

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Thanks I check out your videos! Are you saying go S types because the Stainless LTH with Borla Ataks create a drone or it just doesn't sound as good?
absolutely no drone, you just couldn't get past 3k rpms without sounding like a racecar from about 3 miles away.
It sounded great and when cruising down the highway it was uncanny how quiet it was on the interior, but for everyday use i would pick s types or other similar mufflers when doing headers again.

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Thanks. I just watched the solo performance videos with headers and AWE aswell. There's just something about the deepness of the Borla Atak that I like. The Corsa Xtreme with headers losses it's refinement and is to raspy imo.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I just watched the solo performance videos with headers and AWE aswell. There's just something about the deepness of the Borla Atak that I like. The Corsa Xtreme with headers losses it's refinement and is to raspy imo.
Agreed with Corsa. If going headers definitely stick to Sport over Xtreme.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Have you checked out the double H pipe setup from Corsa? The rasp is all gone and it sounds amazing with no drone. Probably the best sounding exhaust out there on these cars in my personal opinion. It would be a good way to delete the resonator but keep it loud and rasp free.