Lrich777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey everyone,

I made the decision to replace my stock 5.0 intake manifold with the GT350 voodoo. I did this because I was having persistent P308-P306 misfires and I read the GT 350 manifold could potentially solve those issues (it did)!

Unfortunately, now I have a new mix of error codes I’m completely unfamiliar with:
P0100 (Mass or volume air flow sensor circuit A)
P0104 (Mass or volume air flow sensor circuit Aintermittent)
P050A (Cold start idle control system performance)
P2196 (too much fuel in exhaust bank 1)
P2198 (too much fuel in exhaust bank 2)

when I first started the car after the install, it has a very rough idle. It almost behaved like it wasn’t getting enough fuel… but that was not the problem. I quickly started to smell and see fuel from the exhaust. It is running very rich. It also fails to idle or start without pumping the gas from time to time. It shuts off when the clutch is pushed all the way sometimes, and it currently not drivable.

The P0100 & P0104 cleared, but the others are persistent issues. P050A cleared, but it still won’t idle properly and shuts off at times.

The battery is fine. The 350 intake manifold was brand new. I used an adapter for the throttle body so I could maintain the stock GT throttle body. The throttle body is opening and closing at the push of the throttle. The throttle body was cleaned. The MAF was cleaned. Spark plugs are in good condition. I have performance coils. I have stock injectors.

I thought maybe BAMA messed up my tune potentially? I’ve heard bad things of them in the past.

Perhaps when I extended my EVAP solenoid wiring I messed up the harness? I will check EVAP solenoid for proper function today after work with simple test.

I’m just not sure what the other issues could be. This is my daily driver and it’s making it difficult to get to work. I really need to get this solved but I’m almost ready to give up and take it to a performance shop. I just hate to spend that money and accept the defeat.

I’m a fairly seasoned mechanic and a professional electrician. This is supposed to be a fast and easy swap. I’m really thinking my tune could be the problem and I need to go to Lund or a local dyno shop instead of BAMA.

Any experience with these issues? Any solutions? Any additional troubleshooting ideas?

I recorded the entire manifold installation and documented my steps so others can follow in the future. I will upload to YouTube after editing and after I find the solution to my new codes. There’s not enough info out there on this install.

IMG_8657.jpeg

IMG_8646.jpeg

IMG_8684.png
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
@Lrich777
Did you change the MAF housing diameter and does your tune have the proper transfer functions for the MAF housing currently installed on the car ?

OP
OP
Lrich777

Lrich777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@Lrich777
Did you change the MAF housing diameter and does your tune have the proper transfer functions for the MAF housing currently installed on the car ?
Greg, thank you for the quick reply.

MAF housing has been untouched since I installed the Roush cold air intake a couple years ago.

when I sent Bama the info for the tune, this is what I sent them:
IMG_8715.jpeg
IMG_8716.jpeg

I loaded the tune and did not change any of the spark degree settings or anything like that, just loaded it exactly as Bama sent the file.

as far as transfer functions, that’s something I am unaware of. I suppose that’s settings Bama would have adjusted in the tune they sent?

OP
OP
Lrich777

Lrich777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is it possible my selection of “high flow catted mid-pipe” could be causing these issues? I wasn’t sure what to choose because the options were limited.

In reality I have a resonator delete x pipe with the stock cats ahead of the mid pipe.

not sure if that small option would have effected the tune that heavily. Thoughts?

IMG_8720.png

IMG_8719.png

OP
OP
Lrich777

Lrich777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just heard back from BAMA, potentially there is an insert inside my Roush intake that needs to be removed. I will test this after work and advise. Just sharing info, hoping to help others down the road.

IMG_8723.png
IMG_8724.png

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
potentially there is an insert inside my Roush intake that needs to be removed. I will test this after work and advise.
The insert installed would be for OEM calibrated MAF transfer functions.
Off the cuff I’d guess BAMA tune has the transfer functions set for insert removed.

OP
OP
Lrich777

Lrich777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[SOLVED]
after removing the venturi (reduction sleeve) from the MAF housing the car is running excellently. All codes are cleared. Vehicle is idling as it should, starts right up and sounds mean! Vacuum gauge idling at about 18-20in-HG.
Thank you to the guys at BAMA & these forums for getting me back on the road!
YouTube video to follow soon, will link in the future when editing is complete to assist others with their installs.
IMG_8734.jpeg
IMG_8735.jpeg

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Thank you to the guys at BAMA & these forums for getting me back on the road!
You’re welcome
Now, if you want a real 5.0 x GT350 manifold ECU Tune go with Wengerd No lift shift and 8000 rpm redline FTW.
Sponsored

Last edited: