Sponsored

Solo Performance Mach XV Volume

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds awesome, 0 drone is exactly what I'm chasing along with as little raspiness as possible. Good to hear that it's livable aswell on those long daily trips. Going off everybody's reviews I'm sure it will be fantastic.
Sponsored

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you're connecting the mach xv to the stock headers it sounds good.
When I put my Kooks headers on it now sounds awesome. I get compliments from strangers that my exhaust sounds great. :D

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it too loud because you add the supercharger, or did you find it too loud prior?
You know it's funny. I forget that it isn't nearly as bad with he windows rolled up. I'm only talking about WOT. Prior to the supercharger install during the summer with the windows down I get to thinking it's too loud when I'm really punching the gas pedal. Now with winter here I've had the windows up and totally okay with it. Then last week I put the SC in and have been riding with the windows down to listen for any sounds that might mean something was wrong. That's when I noticed how loud it is. I don't think it really got louder with the SC, but man it roars when hammering it.

Mach3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can anyone compare this to the Borla S type or Corsa Sport? I've heard those in person and that is the loudness I'm looking for. Is the Mach XV more on part with the touring level of the other 2 brands?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone compare this to the Borla S type or Corsa Sport? I've heard those in person and that is the loudness I'm looking for. Is the Mach XV more on part with the touring level of the other 2 brands?
I've not heard it, but have heard the other two (and own one), and based on the forum feedback, it's probably very similar in volume.

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose my only hesitation is that a lot of people in the main post about Solo exhausts describe even the Mach XV as loud, whilst others describe it as only moderate.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I suppose my only hesitation is that a lot of people in the main post about Solo exhausts describe even the Mach XV as loud, whilst others describe it as only moderate.
Exactly it's hard to determine what's loud for you versus others.

For example, I daily drive mine with the Solo Street Race catback and I have for over a year. Most people would complain it's too loud.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mach XV is same loudness range as the middle loudness of other brands. I've heard both exhausts you've listed and the Mach XV is similar in loudness, maybe even a little louder after it breaks in.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I just installed mine. Disclaimer : last time I heard Borla S was about 4 months ago on fellow autocross competitors car but I think they're very similar, maybe Mach XV is tiny bit quieter.
It's definitely louder than stock + x-pipe which I had before.

Sponsored

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
My buddy has the Borla S type - Loudness would probably be similar. Borla is a lot raspier; Mach XV is deeper. My Mach Thunder is quite a bit louder than the S Type.

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
lol I dd with my mach race and long tube catless. I'm swapping to a mach xv so i can have my hearing back.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Thanks for your replies guys. I find it a bit hard to tell how a YouTube video is going to translate into real life, especially in terms of volume. My concern is that it might be a little too loud, even though it's their quietest version.

I don't really want something that's going to get too much attention, but something that is obviously aftermarket (if that makes sense). This seems to fit the bill in terms of sounding deep with no rasp or drone. Hmmm tricky!
The MACH XV will not get much attention over stock just cruising around under 3k RPM but at WOT it is pretty loud and you will be heard from a few blocks away. Here's a couple video's I made:

[ame]

[ame]

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
TruBlue16's driving video was one of the reasons I went with the Mach XV. Really captures the sound well! :thumbsup:
Sponsored