FlipC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip (Flip)
Vehicle(s)
65-GT350,66-GT350,67-GT350, 2020-GT350R Heritage
Vehicle Showcase
I sure didn't like them. Mine is a HEP R model. Why the heck wouldn't Ford make it look like the original 65? I didn't like the Black spoiler either, painted mine! Now if it was all exposed carbon fiber, might have left it alone.
2020 New Wheels.jpg
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Seriously? PP1 with the 647 wheel option.

IMG_0679.JPG
No, not the wheel I was referring to. Those look clean and classy.

These are what I was referring to:

1630371686951.png

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Yes, indeed, those are busy !
I like the "busy" wheel look. Don't want to look at brake rotors or colored calipers/hubs. Wouldn't mind if they brought back chrome spoke wheels (circa James Bond Jag). Really don't see the interest in black badging either. Back in the day the only guy's I knew with black wheels were the do it yourselfers on a tight budget (just about all of us). Some would paint their rusted or stained wheels for a fresh look, at least at a distance.

I could see liking black chrome-moly but have yet to see any offered in that finish. Keeping them clean would be a chore. My clear coated polished alum look nice to me, and easy to clean. I would bet they may even withstand a harder lateral hit due to the extra spokes.

I would not doubt that for manufacturing purposes black painted trim and wheels would be a cost saving, not passed on to the buyer.

fiveohchris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I much prefer the stealth/mean look of black wheels, especially with darker colours like black, grey, and dark blue.

They look very mean and aggressive on my Kona Blue GT.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I much prefer the stealth/mean look of black wheels, especially with darker colours like black, grey, and dark blue.

They look very mean and aggressive on my Kona Blue GT.
And then you paint the calipers black so it looks like something Satan would drive

mustang.jpg

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I dont understand how this solid black wheel thing has become so popular. I think black wheels with a silver lip look good, but solid black dont like it. And that is what my 2021 came with as well. I dont like that you cant really make out the tire from the wheel. Yea up close they are ok but it just looks diry. Does anyone agree with me?
IMG_0040.jpg
Yes I agree. My 2019 Bullitt has black
I dont understand how this solid black wheel thing has become so popular. I think black wheels with a silver lip look good, but solid black dont like it. And that is what my 2021 came with as well. I dont like that you cant really make out the tire from the wheel. Yea up close they are ok but it just looks diry. Does anyone agree with me?
IMG_0040.jpg
Yes I agree. My 2019 Bullitt has black rims but has the unpainted outer surface. Looks great that way.

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
I can agree that black isn't good. But neither is silver. So imo the gunmetal/dark grey is right version of black- wheels will be dark while tire line will still be visible.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
This is the only car I have with Black wheels, but I think it looks great with this setup.

s-l13600.jpg

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
IMG_0040.jpg
100% agree and i have a white pp1 with the same black wheels. i do like the white and black theme going on with the car but i agree about the solid black wheels in general. i have been considering new wheels 1) to have a different color and style and 2) for wider wheels/tires. the main reason i like the black is the brake dust doesnt show, and with the brembo brakes, you get a lot of dust. looks like your car has them, so im guessing you know what i mean. that said, id rather have to clean my wheels more often and have a style and color i like more. it's the whole "do i want to spend all that money right now on wheels and tired i dont NEED" when i have other priorities for money.

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I believe Baby Moons and white walls will be the next big retro look on our cars. Nostalgia baby...
i swear i saw a mclaren about 2 months ago with white walled tires!! the car was pink. i dont know the mclaren models well but i just googled and i think it was the 570. obviously had to be some kind of pink wrap and with the tires, i was blown away. not in a good way either. but hey, not my money or vehicle.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Depends on the car color and any accent colors applied to it. I love a blackout on rapid/ruby red the oranges black and aintimater blue. But throw chrome badges and a light stripe on those colors and i want light rims. So to me those colors can go either way

On all light color cars including Bright deep colors like VB and grays i want light rims and accents. And its hard for me to see these with anything but light.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the car color and any accent colors applied to it. I love a blackout on rapid/ruby red the oranges black and aintimater blue. But throw chrome badges and a light stripe on those colors and i want light rims. So to me those colors can go either way

On all light color cars including Bright deep colors like VB and grays i want light rims and accents. And its hard for me to see these with anything but light.
So what's in your driveway ?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don't like black wheels, but the GT350 does not look right with silver wheels... and I don't know why!
But that's just me.......!!!!!!!
I thought the same. Why is that?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
One day, I would love to put a set of Cragar S/S on my mustang. I wonder how that would look.
Sponsored