Sponsored

Sold my Mach 1 - Kinda Sad/Kinda Not

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
With a lot of questionable dissent, I've made the "responsible" decision to move onward from a two-door sports car with unusable (in my case) backseats, and into a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing with the 6-speed Tremec.

Give me all the hate, as I'm familiar with the taste from myself. It'll be my first-ever GM car, and hate it but love it at the same time.

I had huge plans to keep the Mach 1 forever, did all the proper modifications, protection, 100k warranty, etc.

Life happens and I'm excited to have a 4-door Corvette, essentially.

Anyway, my car will be available for sale soon in the state of Florida. Holy crap, someone is gonna get a SWEET-ASS DEAL on it. Would love to walk the new owner through everything. I want to hide a note somewhere, but I'm assuming that the detail guys would remove anything left in the car. (Anyone know of good hiding spots?)

It's been a blast, the Mach 1 is phenomenal, and who knows - maybe sometime again we'll have another iteration of Mach and I can have all versions of them. I loved every single mile.

1000007651.jpg

EDIT: As promised, here's the link:

https://www.lexusofnaples.com/inven...h-1-rwd-2d-coupe-naples-fl-1fa6p8r02n5552624/
Sponsored

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Sucks to see the Mach go, it’s a beautiful car. But you will not be disappointed with the CT5 BW. Did you go auto or manual? GM has the suspension/chassis nailed with the BW’s (same Alpha chassis as the Camaro). I’ve not driven a BW but my parents have a CT4-V and it’s a blast.

I was a GM guy before crossing over to Mustang 4 years ago. While some of the lesser models can feel cheap, Cadillac is top notch IMO. Enjoy the BW! Post a few pics if you can too, always enjoy seeing them.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sucks to see the Mach go, it’s a beautiful car. But you will not be disappointed with the CT5 BW. Did you go auto or manual? GM has the suspension/chassis nailed with the BW’s (same Alpha chassis as the Camaro). I’ve not driven a BW but my parents have a CT4-V and it’s a blast.

I was a GM guy before crossing over to Mustang 4 years ago. While some of the lesser models can feel cheap, Cadillac is top notch IMO. Enjoy the BW! Post a few pics if you can too, always enjoy seeing them.
Absolutely! So far we only know of 9 examples in the 'Blaze Orange Metallic' for 2023 but that seems a bit outlandish.

I only have terrible dealer photos as of now. Thanks for all your insight and experience. I'm super stoked! (but still kinda sad)

1000007615.jpg

Maybe place something in the owners manual? Not sure where else you could hide something that would make it to the new owner. If they end up caring anyway.
Ooh the owners manual is a good idea. I hope an enthusiast will get it and come on here!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
No shame at all in the CT5V BW with the Tremec.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Absolutely! So far we only know of 9 examples in the 'Blaze Orange Metallic' for 2023 but that seems a bit outlandish.

I only have terrible dealer photos as of now. Thanks for all your insight and experience. I'm super stoked! (but still kinda sad)

1000007615.jpg

Ooh the owners manual is a good idea. I hope an enthusiast will get it and come on here!
Oh I love that color! The bronze wheels look phenomenal as well. Enjoy it!

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
Don't act like the cts is some new model . It was out before you bought your mach 1. Did you even look at it ?

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Tape the note to the roof of little owners manual slot in the glove compartment.

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't act like the cts is some new model . It was out before you bought your mach 1. Did you even look at it ?
Don't act? What? Also it's not a CTS. Not sure what you're getting at. Nope, I don't live in Florida. Sent cash sight unseen.
Tape the note to the roof of little owners manual slot in the glove compartment.
This is also a great idea. I'll hide things all over 😂

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
" decision to move onward from a two-door sports car with unusable (in my case) backseats, and into a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing with the 6-speed Tremec.
dude, you are me, 3 years early. Though in my case the Mach1 is staying and the GT or Audi S5 is getting the heave-ho.

Saying your car is in FL is like saying it's in Texas - it's 7 hours from one end to the other. Can you at least put a pin on the map?

I'm excited to have a 4-door Corvette, essentially.
(Anyone know of good hiding spots?)
Try 4-door Camaro. Have you *tried* to get in/out of a Corvette? I had a SS/1LE as well.
And damn it, that's MY color choice as well.

The best place is inside the seat cushions or inside the door panels. That's where the drug mules stash their Fentanyl and Cocain. Though it won't survive a border X-ray...

Last edited:

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
With a lot of questionable dissent, I've made the "responsible" decision to move onward from a two-door sports car with unusable (in my case) backseats, and into a Cadillac CT5V Blackwing with the 6-speed Tremec.

Give me all the hate, as I'm familiar with the taste from myself. It'll be my first-ever GM car, and hate it but love it at the same time.

I had huge plans to keep the Mach 1 forever, did all the proper modifications, protection, 100k warranty, etc.

Life happens and I'm excited to have a 4-door Corvette, essentially.

Anyway, my car will be available for sale soon in the state of Florida. Holy crap, someone is gonna get a SWEET-ASS DEAL on it. Would love to walk the new owner through everything. I want to hide a note somewhere, but I'm assuming that the detail guys would remove anything left in the car. (Anyone know of good hiding spots?)

It's been a blast, the Mach 1 is phenomenal, and who knows - maybe sometime again we'll have another iteration of Mach and I can have all versions of them. I loved every single mile.

1000007651.jpg
Awesome ride and congrats! I was looking at those too a while back. Now trying to decide if would rather have another vette like a C8, z06 or heritage gt350. When does the madness end!!!

OP
OP
swoop1156

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dude, you are me, 3 years early. Though in my case the Mach1 is staying and the GT or Audi S5 is getting the heave-ho.

Saying your car is in FL is like saying it's in Texas - it's 7 hours from one end to the other. Can you at least put a pin on the map?

Try 4-door Camaro. Have you *tried* to get in/out of a Corvette? I had a SS/1LE as well.
And damn it, that's MY color choice as well.

The best place is inside the seat cushions or inside the door panels. That's where the drug mules stash their Fentanyl and Cocain. Though it won't survive a border X-ray...
Not a GM guy. Corvette, Camaro SS/1LE, etc, similar enough for me. I need to learn more.

The Mach will be in Naples, FL! I'll certainly link it once it's posted.
Awesome ride and congrats! I was looking at those too a while back. Now trying to decide if would rather have another vette like a C8, z06 or heritage gt350. When does the madness end!!!
I bid quite heavily on BaT with a Performance Blue GT350R and once that failed, I figured I should look elsewhere for my vehicular excitement. I can do whatever I want, but I also wanted to be responsible.

I see that extremely rare/unicorn Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid executive, but do I need that when we have a Cayenne Turbo S e-hybrid at the same time? Probably not, so I forgave the $150k asking price on that and went with the Blackwing.

MK262556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The Mach 1 is such a fantastic car. The replacement Caddy is not bad either.

Last edited: