Sponsored

So what are we going to do about this rear bumper?

1stGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Heard back from dealer and they have agreed to send the car out to a body shop for assessment hope to hear more next week.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Hopefully that means they have decided to fix it.

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Made me look, sure enough, same issue. Definitely watching for a fix. I believe it will be two areas addressed. Need to support the lower section and pull the upper cover up. It only takes a small force to bring the alignment back on mine.

1stGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
The dealer ordered new brackets and should get the car back today or tomorrow if that fix's it or at least puts it together for now.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I hope it does. The brackets are not adjustable so others that did that soon had a gap again. Let us know.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
There is a thread on how to fix the sag problem. Also on how to modify the brackets. Would like to see if the new brackets are any different. If the section just below the tail light is actually tight I would say the new brackets have been modified. That would be good news. If there is still 1/16 or bigger gap no change to brackets. The problem is a assembly problem. The amount of torque to start the self threading screws is so great that if kept constant you might strip or crack the bracket. So the guy on the line starts the screw then backs off and has no chance push the bracket upward and then set tension to hold the bracket.

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Before and after on mine. The passenger side was not as bad but is fixed just like the driver's side pictured. When I got the car it looked like pic 2. Over time it has sagged.
Which dealer did you go to?

Did they just adjust it? Or?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Which dealer did you go to?

Did they just adjust it? Or?
Tommy Vaughn on Shepard. I do not know what all they did other than there is no gap now. I never looked at the paperwork but I will.

Jeremy@Austin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2007 F-150 FX2
Not trying to kick a dead horse here, but do you guys think this is because of my bumper sag?

I can push this corner back in, but it's way too tight and just pops back out after driving... scared it's going to cause some damage or chip paint.

I'm in Austin, and I have the oil line recall getting done on the 17th at Covert Ford. I'm thinking I should ask them to re-align my bumper to see if they can get this back in line. I've printed out the details for fixing the sag, thinking of handing that to them when I drop it off...

My nerves are shot just thinking about someone working on my car... especially taking off body panels.

picture.jpg

Sponsored

Jeremy@Austin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2007 F-150 FX2
Damn it's dirty... lol

1stGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
The latest on mine is the new brackets did not improve very much and the shop was asking Ford to authorize a bumper cover. Still waiting for news on fit of new bumper. Off to race again this weekend so won't know anything until next Tuesday.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Not trying to kick a dead horse here, but do you guys think this is because of my bumper sag?

I can push this corner back in, but it's way too tight and just pops back out after driving... scared it's going to cause some damage or chip paint.

I'm in Austin, and I have the oil line recall getting done on the 17th at Covert Ford. I'm thinking I should ask them to re-align my bumper to see if they can get this back in line. I've printed out the details for fixing the sag, thinking of handing that to them when I drop it off...

My nerves are shot just thinking about someone working on my car... especially taking off body panels.

picture.jpg
Dont be :D Got mine back from the bodyshop yesterday. My bumper was similar, but that corner was turned inwards. Both corners had peeled paint on the top part. Dealer removed, touched up the paint and put the bumper back on. This thread reminds me I need to go down and check the spacing, if there is any sag or not - I forgot to do that at pickup. The front drivers side fender turned out great.

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
Has the bumper gap issue been a deal breaker for anyone here who's looking to purchase a used GT350 or even new? I'm the type of guy who pays way too much attention to detail and I'm looking at a used one on CarMax that appears to have some slight sagging. The car is exactly what I want, Shadow Black 17' with Convenience Package, stripe-less. I have not seen it in person as it's still be transported, but what do you guys think? Obviously its still my decision but any thoughts or advice? I know, it's like I'm sabotaging myself and I facking hate it....thanks in advance...

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Has the bumper gap issue been a deal breaker for anyone here who's looking to purchase a used GT350 or even new? I'm the type of guy who pays way too much attention to detail and I'm looking at a used one on CarMax that appears to have some slight sagging. The car is exactly what I want, Shadow Black 17' with Convenience Package, stripe-less. I have not seen it in person as it's still be transported, but what do you guys think? Obviously its still my decision but any thoughts or advice? I know, it's like I'm sabotaging myself and I facking hate it....thanks in advance...
If u plan to show it or hard park at cars and coffee on the regular you’re going to hate the gap. If you’re buying it to drive the piss out of it you’re only going to notice it when washing and if u state at it when walking to the car.

I see the literal words bumper gap more by visiting this forum than I notice my car has a bumper gap daily.
Sponsored