stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
https://instagram.com/p/9Wu01VtyQ6

Congrats, you did it. You also let peoples cars rot outside for months.

I know, I know - they aren't late, they are right on schedule, they made no promises. I agree to all of that. Hard to deny these could have been out sooner, though.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
There is plenty of those to go around.. The gt350 is a pain in the ass. Can have 6 of those delivered before I get a vin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Kinda spam - but hard to believe it's just a coincidence!

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I knew several months ago that Chevy was planning to start Camaro production on or about Nov. 1, just from reading the general media. Is this really not common knowledge? I'm not happy about the way Ford handled this - especially for the 2015s - but I still expect that someday someone will uncover the fact that there was a problem with the production or quality of the GT 350s - and that it just wasn't some ridiculous marketing move. Plus, there aren't going to be many GT 350s sitting at dealers for people to compare with whatever number of Camaros Chevy spits out in the next few months...

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The new camaro is in competition with the GT not the GT 350. I'm not a fan of the new looks and I've owned a 2010 SS

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The new camaro is in competition with the GT not the GT 350. I'm not a fan of the new looks and I've owned a 2010 SS
Considering the price difference, I don't know if the Camaro SS really is in direct competition with the Mustang GT; over the years, there's always been a small mismatch between the models, even though the world perceives them as competitors.

I've also owned a Camaro SS, and won't do it again. Plus, I just can't get past the feeling that the 2016 Camaro looks like a Hot Wheels car that somebody stepped on and squished the roof.

roadace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Considering the price difference, I don't know if the Camaro SS really is in direct competition with the Mustang GT; over the years, there's always been a small mismatch between the models, even though the world perceives them as competitors.

I've also owned a Camaro SS, and won't do it again. Plus, I just can't get past the feeling that the 2016 Camaro looks like a Hot Wheels car that somebody stepped on and squished the roof.
Camaro SS is the direct, balls on competitor to the Mustang GT. If it is not then what is?

Sered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 335i, big turbo, big fuel
Camaro SS is the direct, balls on competitor to the Mustang GT. If it is not then what is?
Considering it's priced about 5k higher starting price, not really. SS is kind of a halfway point between the GT and GT350. Maybe the Mach 1 if it comes out?

I find it laughable that GM thinks they can charge almost 40k for a base model V8 car lol.

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Considering it's priced about 5k higher starting price, not really. SS is kind of a halfway point between the GT and GT350. Maybe the Mach 1 if it comes out?

I find it laughable that GM thinks they can charge almost 40k for a base model V8 car lol.

Camaro is def the mustang competitor. It's not built to compete with fords Shelby or specialty vehicles.

I thought they started around $35k base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The 1SS starts at 37,500 and goes up from there.

The Camaro, right now, starts at 26,000 with a v6. The Turbo 4 will be lower but won't be available until after the new year

Sered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 335i, big turbo, big fuel
^^^ That's what I thought. About 5k over a Mustang. With a GM interior lol

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
If you're in the same vehicle class with the same features and with similar performance, you're a direct competitor. It doesn't matter if your base price is $5k-$10k off. All that does is make it way easier for the less expensive car to be a better value.

I think the once you start getting in the $10-15k+ range of difference, then that puts you in a different market segment.
Sponsored