Sponsored

So this is why Ford has been sitting on th GT350

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
https://instagram.com/p/9Wu01VtyQ6

Congrats, you did it. You also let peoples cars rot outside for months.

I know, I know - they aren't late, they are right on schedule, they made no promises. I agree to all of that. Hard to deny these could have been out sooner, though.
This makes me chuckle, because half of you will go on to say later that your car has never seen rain or snow, but we all know they sit outside at the dealer after being built and they see all varieties of weather.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Personally, I wouldn't want a car that couldn't stand up to being wet occasionally.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
But I must say that the camaro 1/4 @ 12.4 maybe competing with the 350 non R since we have no numbers yet. This must make the Mustang GT crowd a little concerned. Same weight and faster Camaro. What the hell will the Z/28 bring ? Just saying.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
But I must say that the camaro 1/4 @ 12.4 maybe competing with the 350 non R since we have no numbers yet. This must make the Mustang GT crowd a little concerned. Same weight and faster Camaro. What the hell will the Z/28 bring ? Just saying.
Who cares what the 1/4 mile of the GT350 is? The car wasn't designed to be a drag racer. Just buy it, drive the snot out of and measure the success of the car by the size of the grin on your face.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
There's a leak I saw that the next iteration of likely the ZL1 or possibly even the Z/28 will have the LT4 from the Z06.... I wouldn't be surprised if it's slated for the ZL1. If so, that's a sure 11 sec car even if detuned to 630-640hp & tq.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Every track car is tested for the 1/4 mile and roll numbers . I care and if the Gt350 is no faster then my Boss ....,I'm keeping her if it's not any faster and wait to see what GM brings out. That's who !
Who the hell would buy a car without the confirmed test numbers ...and test drive ? They better stack up better then the Z/28 but we don't know yet .... do we ?

Last edited:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Next z28 or zl1 will of course beat a gt350r. That's just how it is. Right now ford beats it, next generation will beat ford, next ford will beat the Camaro and so on.. Nothing new. It's all about beating the competition and coming out with the next best thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Who cares what the 1/4 mile of the GT350 is? The car wasn't designed to be a drag racer. Just buy it, drive the snot out of and measure the success of the car by the size of the grin on your face.
There will not be many if any enthusiasts who don't care about 1/4 mile stats.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I don't care about 1/4 mile stats.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Every track car is tested for the 1/4 mile and roll numbers . I care and if the Gt350 is no faster then my Boss ....,I'm keeping her if it's not any faster and wait to see what GM brings out. That's who !
Who the hell would buy a car without the confirmed test numbers ...and test drive ? They better stack up better then the Z/28 but we don't know yet .... do we ?
While I respect your opinion it is not shared by many. I for one could care less about the numbers and usually would test drive a car before buying but this one is different. I look at it at least 100 times a day, talk about it constantly, and call my dealer every week for updates. If it has had this effect on me then it is the right car. :cheers:

Sponsored

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
I sure as hell am not buying the car based off of people's subjective driving experiences on the internet. I want hard numbers from multiple sources.

Last edited:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I sure as hell am not buying the car based off of people's subjective driving experiences on the internet. I want hard numbers from multiple sources.
So you will pass on the car if it arrives to the dealer before hard numbers from multiple sources are published?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Good for you! You are in a profound minority with that mindset. Maybe you should think about a Miata or Boxster.
I don't care about 1/4 mile performance either, but I don't think he is in the "profound minorty". No need to make childish snide comments just because his tastes differ from yours, end of the day it doesnt take a rocket scientist to look at the power and weight of the car and make a good educated guess how well it will do in terms of raw acceleration. Im not so sure why some folks are so set on seeing it on paper.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Good for you! You are in a profound minority with that mindset. Maybe you should think about a Miata or Boxster.
Maybe you should perform an actual scientific poll amongst potential GT350 buyers instead of using anecdotal evidence from your no-doubt extensive forum experience.

You have a point, I have a counter-point. Neither of those two data points proves conclusive evidence of anything precisely because they are just two data points.
Sponsored