RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Mostly Bro-haulers oil burning, trucks with wheels sticking 4" outside the fenders and no fender flares.
Most of theCar hobby, vehicles rods/muscle/pony/etc I get more of a thumbs up ,than the boy racer, wanna go throttle junkie red light b/s.
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Had my first experience with this the other day. Some guy in a Tesla (no idea of the model, don't know much about Teslas) tried to goad me into racing him at three separate stoplights. I would have thought he'd get the hint at the first one that I had no interest, but he kept sprinting away ā€“ stupidly and unsafely, I might add.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Had my first experience with this the other day. Some guy in a Tesla (no idea of the model, don't know much about Teslas) tried to goad me into racing him at three separate stoplights. I would have thought he'd get the hint at the first one that I had no interest, but he kept sprinting away ā€“ stupidly and unsafely, I might add.
You should have revved the engine, and then expressed extreme disappointment with his inability to reciprocate. šŸ˜

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You Did the right thing.. I had this happen a while back and watched a cop chase him as I slowly crept forward at the light. "get a life, or at least take your car to the drag strip if you have to get it out of your system"

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There are fifty-odd thousand registered users on these forums. I wonder if among them there may be one, just one, who will have the guts to come to this topic, raise his hand and say, "yes, I do engage in street racing when someone challenges me". Or even, God forbid, "yes, I do challenge others to race me when I have the chance". :giggle:
Come on, I dare you! We can't all be saints around here, can we? Who's gonna be the first to admit it? šŸ˜
I used to do that stuff in the old days. I had great fun picking on Mustangs at stoplights with my modded Forester XT. They always took the bait. But those days are long gone.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I used to do that stuff in the old days. I had great fun picking on Mustangs at stoplights with my modded Forester XT. They always took the bait. But those days are long gone.
Finally, an honest man! :like:
I was beginning to feel like a devil that got lost in heaven, especially after the bashing I got in the other thread. Alone, among so many saints... :cwl:

Since I was the one who put up this challenge, I suppose I should now put my money where my mouth is, shouldn't I? So, here goes...

Road racing isn't popular around here. We have neither the drag racing culture, nor the kind of roads that lend themselves to it. So you'll never, or almost never, be challenged to a race on the street. Not directly, anyway. And if you did try to challenge someone at the lights, they would most probably not even understand your intentions. Indirectly, however, short races can be triggered.
I was about to enter a freeway. On the (single) lane leading to the freeway entrance, a Å koda Octavia vRS (very fast car) was directly in front of me, going annoyingly slowly for no reason at all. It was doing perhaps 15 mph or so. My blood was boiling and I was praying that an asteroid would fall on the jerk's car, but otherwise there was nothing I could do - no room to overtake. And besides, we were going to be on the freeway soon, so my suffering was bound to be over in just a few seconds. I was determined that as soon as we got in the acceleration lane I would immediately jump into first lane (traffic permitting, of course), step on it hard, and leave the son of a bitch in the dust before he could even realise what hit him.
Finally, we are in the acceleration lane. The freeway was completely clear, no one was coming from behind in any of the three lanes. I try to overtake him, but he guesses my intention and goes into first lane immediately, while also starting to accelerate. So I get into second lane and step on it. I was expecting to see him transform into a tiny dot in my rear view mirror. But no. To my utter surprise, he also accelerates hard and struggles to keep up. I floored it, but he still kept up. After all, the vRS is no slouch. He managed to keep relatively close to me (though never actually getting neck and neck with me) up until about 125 mph, after which he gave up and disappeared quite quickly from my mirror.

So there you have it. I'm no saint. But I'm no hypocrite either. I didn't buy a Mustang to drive like an old lady. I will drive like an old lady when traffic conditions demand it, but I will also enjoy myself when it's safe to do so.

Now, let the lapidation begin. šŸ˜

Last edited:

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
Talking from personal experience he probably would have murdered you. Our model 3 performance was a monster to 120 and then it would fall on its face.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Talking from personal experience he probably would have murdered you. Our model 3 performance was a monster to 120 and then it would fall on its face.
I have no doubt. And I couldnā€™t care less and have zero to prove.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I have no doubt. And I couldnā€™t care less and have zero to prove.
I couldnā€™t agree more.

It proves nothing to race a car against something thatā€™s not a car.

And as unenlightened, redneck and just plain old as my opinion on the matter informs me, thatā€™s how I see an EV-not a car.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Mostly Bro-haulers oil burning, trucks with wheels sticking 4" outside the fenders and no fender flares.
Most of theCar hobby, vehicles rods/muscle/pony/etc I get more of a thumbs up ,than the boy racer, wanna go throttle junkie red light b/s.
It's always the truck owners where I live... when I was selling my '03 GT someone who was test driving it had a lifted truck try to race him and he asked me if that happened often... "yes, multiple times a day" lol.

I did however have a Challenger scat pack pass me on the on interstate on ramp (going around on the shoulder even) to prove some kind of point to an almost 20 year old Mustang lol.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Street racing was very common in the 60s and I did my share. But, cars didn't accelerate like they do now, streets were in much better shape and there wasn't nearly as much traffic and no SUVs to try to see around.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Street racing was very common in the 60s and I did my share. But, cars didn't accelerate like they do now, streets were in much better shape and there wasn't nearly as much traffic and no SUVs to try to see around.
tires and brakes were garbage and roads were not better.
all of this assumes traffic is clear.

doing a quick run on the street is fine as long as nobody else is around.
only retards try and go nuts in the thick of commute traffic. that's idiotic insanity.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I couldnā€™t agree more.

It proves nothing to race a car against something thatā€™s not a car.

And as unenlightened, redneck and just plain old as my opinion on the matter informs me, thatā€™s how I see an EV-not a car.
I'll take it a bit further. I don't feel a need to prove anything no matter what kind of car we're talking about. I'm not driving the Mustang because I want to be faster than other cars, in general, and so I feel no need to prove any point.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take it a bit further. I don't feel a need to prove anything no matter what kind of car we're talking about. I'm not driving the Mustang because I want to be faster than other cars, in general, and so I feel no need to prove any point.
I agree with this. There is always a bigger fish out there... now with EV's doing zero to sixty in 2.1 seconds what's the point? I've had several guys try to race me on the street: I want to explain to them that this is not what my car was designed for and do they even understand the differences?

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The last time I drove by Clearwater I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic when the guy in a rental EB vert next to me signals me to roll down my window, so I did, then he asks if I want to race. I looked at the traffic around us, and back at him and just laughed shaking my head.

Living in a high tourist area like Florida, I encounter a lot of what we locally refer to as "tour-ons" (tourist+moron).
Sponsored