Sponsored

So, has everyone made peace with the 2K rattle?

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As far as the rattle?
Rattle doesn't bother me in the least,I've never complained about it. The only time I've mentioned it is when I told someone that Cera-tec got rid of the rattle in my car.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'll add my .02, for a total of .04 first it's an aluminum block resonates nominal internal mechanical noises, not heard in an iron block.

Second as mentioned it is more pronounced cold, not worried here. To the folks that grip about it, need to understand they will not talk it to death.

It's there normal, piston slap nope not that. Typewriter tick, only a secretary would come up with that description . Man card has be voided, please get off the porch .

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, please, let it go. Can we just get back to talking about our Mustangs? Thank you.
In a odd sort of way we are. What is the most annoying thing about your Mustang ?

Answer: some owners

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'll add my .02, for a total of .04 first it's an aluminum block resonates nominal internal mechanical noises, not heard in an iron block.

Second as mentioned it is more pronounced cold, not worried here. To the folks that grip about it, need to understand they will not talk it to death.

It's there normal, piston slap nope not that. Typewriter tick, only a secretary would come up with that description . Man card has be voided, please get off the porch .
Agreed - the doesn't the gen 3 also have a composite oil pan? That certainly wouldn't help get things quiet.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Haven't been home since March. Hope to be home in a few weeks. I can't wait to hear that 2k rattle. It's a miniscule nuisance far surpassed by the pure joy of driving my mustang.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Haven't been home since March. Hope to be home in a few weeks. I can't wait to hear that 2k rattle. It's a miniscule nuisance far surpassed by the pure joy of driving my mustang.
I couldn't agree more. I love mine so much especially with the 10 speed.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My car doesn't tick or rattle. Is something wrong with it? The paint does have the resilience of crêpe paper, so it is still a Mustang.
Sell it - its not normal lol just kidding, I've found this interesting. My father's 2019 made no noise whatsoever for the first 5k miles. Then the tick appeared. He does have a rattle and everyone gen 3 car ive driven has it, I do know for a fact the PP1 and PP2 cars seem to mask it better, no idea why.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My car doesn't tick or rattle. Is something wrong with it? The paint does have the resilience of crêpe paper, so it is still a Mustang.
Cause you have the A10 and you simply outrun the noise, duh!

Really though, maybe because auto, you don't hang out in the rpm range to notice it as much?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Sell it - its not normal lol just kidding, I've found this interesting. My father's 2019 made no noise whatsoever for the first 5k miles. Then the tick appeared. He does have a rattle and everyone gen 3 car ive driven has it, I do know for a fact the PP1 and PP2 cars seem to mask it better, no idea why.
19 PP1 with 10k miles. Has rattled since the drive home with under 10 miles.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm never hanging out at 2k to get the "2k rattle".
I made it a point to hang out at 2000 rpm yesterday. High load, low load, accel / decel, whole bunch of shit. Never heard a rattle. Not even close. I heard injectors, cam phasers, exhaust contracting / expanding, etc.,etc. Typical noises. If these bother you, I highly suggest 18+ guys put there engine cover back on. On my 17 it just dampens the injector noises.

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You know I don't think that the term rattle is best. Ill record it when I get a chance and post. Its also not loud by any means, im sure folks over look it as they should.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That could actually be it. When driving "normally" I'm at 3-5k under acceleration and 1500-1800 while cruising. In Mexico the revs are 5-7k. I'm never hanging out at 2k to get the "2k rattle".
When I leave the house in the morning and cruise through the neighborhood at around 25-30mph I'm in third gear at about 2k...slightly annoying. The rattle actually gets me to go faster or slower lol. The rest of my commute it's just not really an issue due to stretches through Mexico and generally hanging out at different RPM ranges. Even coming home with a warm car, still rattles through the neighborhood. The tick is intermittent and a good reason to stop eating fast food (reverb off the brick drive thru walls).

All this to say, could be yet another reason the A10 is better than the ssslllloooowww M6 hahaha.
Sponsored