Sponsored

So, has everyone made peace with the 2K rattle?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I am after a bit of advice. I am contemplating adding a 300ml bottle of Ceratec to my engine for the intermittent tick but the oil level is at the high mark on the dipstick. Is it recommended that I drain down the level or is an additional 300ml insignificant.
Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
oddly enough i don't have an rattles at the present time. other than my aftermarket suspension choice and the stiffness that came with it mine is good. :handsinair::please:

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I am after a bit of advice. I am contemplating adding a 300ml bottle of Ceratec to my engine for the intermittent tick but the oil level is at the high mark on the dipstick. Is it recommended that I drain down the level or is an additional 300ml insignificant.
For me it added about 3/16ths of an inch to my dipstick. So perhaps you may want to drain say a few quarts since you are already taking the time to jack up the car and drain some. Then pour out the Ceratec into a separate container, fill the bottle from what you drained out. Then put the Ceratec in and mix it really well then pour the mix back in. That will keep your oil level right and give you the benefit of premixing externally.

My level was down so I just shook it up and put it in after running my car for about 15 minutes. Then after putting in the Ceratec. Drove it for 20 minutes. Could definitely tell a difference and tick is gone with one bottle. Oil pressure is running lower as well. So far so good.

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
For me it added about 3/16ths of an inch to my dipstick. So perhaps you may want to drain say a few quarts since you are already taking the time to jack up the car and drain some. Then pour out the Ceratec into a separate container, fill the bottle from what you drained out. Then put the Ceratec in and mix it really well then pour the mix back in. That will keep your oil level right and give you the benefit of premixing externally.

My level was down so I just shook it up and put it in after running my car for about 15 minutes. Then after putting in the Ceratec. Drove it for 20 minutes. Could definitely tell a difference and tick is gone with one bottle. Oil pressure is running lower as well. So far so good.
That is great advice, thanks Rick.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
but the oil level is at the high mark on the dipstick.
If you're talking about the upper dot (which is the maximum level mark), I'd remove that amount by any means you want. If you meant the top of the hash marks, then you'd be good to go.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
If you're talking about the upper dot (which is the maximum level mark), I'd remove that amount by any means you want. If you meant the top of the hash marks, then you'd be good to go.
Yeah, it is at the top of the hash marks.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The top mark is actually the dot, so just pour the Ceratec in, brother. You might be a hair above the dot, but not an issue. Let us know how it worked. Good luck.

black_2018_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Never really heard it on mine. But I always have the radio on and the windows down (except when the state is on fire) so a lot of noise is covered up. Now the typerwriter tick, that's a different story. Guess I've made peace with that one.

Pitholer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 6M Orange Fury
I have zero tick on startup (I am using QSUD 5W30) but I do have the 2k rattle. It is very slight and I only hear it in the first 5 minutes of driving then it goes away. Overall, the engine seems solid and I am not worried about the Coyote.

Now ask me about this stupid aluminum hood corrosion......!! Dammit

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had both the 2K rattle and knock in my '17.
I put 1 bottle of Cera-Tec in on top of oil, bye bye noise and could hardly see the difference on the dipstick. I've had 3 oil changes now and I just repeat the process after each change. Tick and rattle noise have not come back. Dealer tech noticed my oil was a little cloudy. I told the service manager why and he said he knows all about it.
But unless it turns into an piston slap type noise they will not investigate.

Sponsored

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You know guys my car has had the tick on cold start since new, and the 2k rattle. Several thousand miles of hard abuse and no issues whatsoever.

The tick goes away when warmed up so I don't worry about it. A local engine builder told me if it is a bad wrist pin, or bearing it would be a consistent knock, throughout the RPMs and wouldn't go away when warm. I absolutely don't worry about it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I can live with the 2K rattle, so hope that's all I have to deal with :). So far after the first oil change at 1,128 miles, no tick, and just hit 2,100 miles. I was a bit worried about oil consumption because my engine didn't have any up to the first oil change. Topped level off to the top hole with a little more than 10 qts, and it was back down to the top of the hash marks after 350 miles. Yesterday did a 600-mile round trip (for a biopsy in ALB), and oil level is exactly the same: to the top of the hash marks. So that was good news. So will leave it there, since for some reason, my engine doesn't seem to like the oil level above that. Has anybody seen the same thing? At any rate, I'm happy my engine doesn't seem to have an oil consumption issue. Using M1 0/30, by the way, and my engine liked it.

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
I have piston rattle in my 2016 GT350 between 2k-3k loud as hell when cold , still noticeable
when all warmed up but better . Ford dealer (2) say its normal . Car sounds like a shitbox and the
rattle is driving me nuts . Not sure I can live with it much longer , may trade the car in for
something else . Its so loud that I believe the car cannot be sold in a private sale , I certainly
wouldn't buy it if its as loud as it is now ... So aggravating ...

Ruby_Ruby19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin Cuckold
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have piston rattle in my 2016 GT350 between 2k-3k loud as hell when cold , still noticeable
when all warmed up but better . Ford dealer (2) say its normal . Car sounds like a shitbox and the
rattle is driving me nuts . Not sure I can live with it much longer , may trade the car in for
something else . Its so loud that I believe the car cannot be sold in a private sale , I certainly
wouldn't buy it if its as loud as it is now ... So aggravating ...
I'd just trade it in if it's something you can't live with. The fact it gets better when warm is kinda weird.

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I just add a can of ceratec every oil change keeps the rattle away
Sponsored