Sponsored

So are ‘22 GT buyers now looking like geniuses…

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
You pretty much gotta go biblical to find truer words than these right here! Now, throw AE rockin’ track mode into that mix and you’re in that hot tub full of cheerleaders zone!
I’ll take the cheerleaders. Where do I leave the keys?

I drive like Jed Clampett lately on the street. Never had a V8 American car with a manual. Only an RX-7 from 1982 that shifted like butter. This thing requires more concentration and muscle than the RX-7.
[/QUOTE]
😃 I was originally looking at HP eco boost vs the GT but knew I couldn’t get past the sound of the exhaust. Was worried the GT would be a beast and hard to drive in normal traffic. It is a beast when you want it to be and tame when you want that. Very easy car to drive even in traffic. I’m happy 😃
Sponsored

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
Wait one more year? Are you kidding?

At 70 plus, I don’t even buy green bananas!
As another one in his mid-70s, I was not going to wait any longer either. Plus I would never buy the first year or two of a new generation. The possibility of too many kinks to iron out. Buying the last year of a well known S550 generation suited me just fine.

It may well turn out the S650 is not so much different that it would be riddled with kinks but that was not known back in Oct 2021 when I ordered mine.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Same here. First time I got on it When I first got it I missed my shift to 3rd. Blamed myself for sloppy shifting since I hadn’t driven a stick in 30 years🤣 and never had 460hp. Closet was my Torino Cobra and that was only 375hp.
next time I got on it almost went sideways in 2nd. Drives like a bat outa hell !
I know my reflexes aren’t what they were 30 years ago so I’m playing cool. Don’t want to show up on YouTube 🤣
I haven’t actually missed the 2-3 upshift yet but when I’m near redline in 2nd and give it a quick jam into 3rd it can get a little notchy. I attribute this to user unfamiliarity with the 2-3 shift process in a 6-speed. The natural tendency is to apply a little sideways pressure to make sure you don’t get tangled up going back toward first when likely none is needed.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
".... This latest issue is being blamed on part supply issues unrelated to the chip shortage."

That right there is all I needed to read, to know it's bullshit.

The chip shortage is over, but that's still what they're blaming shortages on.
They need a better c.a.f.e. avg. So claim supply issues, to maybe push more into the E/b and leave the v8 for the trucks.
Then those that order the v8 have to wait.
Many buyers that are not tracking the car, or just like the car but would like the v8 but I want it now, lets take an EB on the lot for a spin. well that was not as bad as I thought it be, and I don't have to ait.
Sold.
Sure this thought isn't on the minds of most on here, but we are a small % of the total mustang sales and they might swing to the /e/b prem. because no waiting.

BigSig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Atlas Blue Mustang GT 301A MT82
I snagged a Mach 1 because the used car market was stupid. I'll be targeting a new Shelby model in the next generation if they happen to exist and aren't downgraded to V6 twin turbos or anything. The days are numbered for the Mustang just like the Camaro and Challenger. I just hope you don't see what happened when there was no competition and Ford gets lazy.
Yeah i have to agree with you I got a new 2022 because i knew I like the way it looks, They are supposed to have an 8 year lifespan so i hope they go all swan song and break out great halo cars things like boss, mach1s, cobras, gt350, gt500 just every other year come out with a top tier amazingness, mostly because ill be in a position to buy a halo car in a few years.

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
They need a better c.a.f.e. avg. So claim supply issues, to maybe push more into the E/b and leave the v8 for the trucks.
Then those that order the v8 have to wait.
Many buyers that are not tracking the car, or just like the car but would like the v8 but I want it now, lets take an EB on the lot for a spin. well that was not as bad as I thought it be, and I don't have to ait.
Sold.
Sure this thought isn't on the minds of most on here, but we are a small % of the total mustang sales and they might swing to the /e/b prem. because no waiting.
I get this - when I bought my 21 GT in January of this year, I had three options....total base GT that I wound up with, Ecoboost that was not heavily optioned, but had 8" screen, nav, adaptive cruise, etc. or a FULLY loaded Ecoboost that had every damn option. I ALMOST bought the middle of the road ECO, but couldn't resist the GT, even though I wasn't a fan of the small screen, cloth seats. I almost wish I would have bought the fully loaded EcoBoost - the GT is kind of too fast for the street, the ECO can be more fun in the "drive a slow car fast" kind of way...but I have had an 04 V6 Mustang, and I have had a 2013 V6 Mustang - and both were unbelievably disappointing after about 6 months....ahh, well....I have what I have, all good.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Well after the latest rumor of a locked PCM, I'll live with 10 less HP and the ability to modify down the road vs the 24 with a rumored 500 and no ability to modify.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Well after the latest rumor of a locked PCM, I'll live with 10 less HP and the ability to modify down the road vs the 24 with a rumored 500 and no ability to modify.
You aren’t kidding-that’d be a no-brainer.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Gosh, I wonder what that does to the aftermarket, physical parts alone.

So many years and generations of models.

Now, all that (new items for new cars) effectively stops, or, becomes very limited.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gosh, I wonder what that does to the aftermarket, physical parts alone.

So many years and generations of models.

Now, all that (new items for new cars) effectively stops, or, becomes very limited.
Appearance stuff, exhaust, that kind of thing will be fine. But yeah, all the supercharger/turbo/ tuner guys will be hurt for sure. Similar to the C8, not sure if anyone has really cracked that computer yet, although I have seen a few turbo C8’s.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
As another one in his mid-70s, I was not going to wait any longer either. Plus I would never buy the first year or two of a new generation. The possibility of too many kinks to iron out. Buying the last year of a well known S550 generation suited me just fine.

It may well turn out the S650 is not so much different that it would be riddled with kinks but that was not known back in Oct 2021 when I ordered mine.
Regardless of age I have never been someone to wait for anything. Plus that new mustang is years away before you would actually get one.
Sponsored