Sponsored

So are ‘22 GT buyers now looking like geniuses…

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Similar scenario for me - got it all but the Recaro's and it's a great driving experience as a weekend and evening only summer car.

I got the track itch this year and contemplated a trade in on a Mach 1 - they were going to offer me about 5k more than I paid 1.5 years ago but they also wanted 12k more for the Mach 1. It wasn't really the color I wanted either so I just passed. I'm also a big fan of the top down driving experience - if you think the Coyote sounds good in a coupe - it's next level on a back road lined with a tree canopy at 7000rpm and no roof.
Yeah one day I’ll get a drop top. Sounds like allot of fun.
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I’m at 500 miles right now and I’ll probably pull my HC trap at ~1000 miles, just because it’s there and I can. If that works out OK I’ll probably throw in a K&N drop in also and see if the ECU can handle both “mods”.

But I don’t really know why. This car is really a strong runner as it is and I too am not sure how I could use any more on the street. If I hit it from about a 3500 rpm roll in first I’d describe it as pretty close to explosive. I keep trying to simultaneously watch the tach and speedo through the first three gears to get some context about what’s going on but honestly things happen so fast it’s about all I can do to watch the road and keep it between the ditches. Just being honest about it.
Same here. First time I got on it When I first got it I missed my shift to 3rd. Blamed myself for sloppy shifting since I hadn’t driven a stick in 30 years🤣 and never had 460hp. Closet was my Torino Cobra and that was only 375hp.
next time I got on it almost went sideways in 2nd. Drives like a bat outa hell !
I know my reflexes aren’t what they were 30 years ago so I’m playing cool. Don’t want to show up on YouTube 🤣

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah, I remember going to a local Dodge dealership with my dad when he bought a new car and they had one of the first Vipers in the area sitting in the showroom. 30 years later and it’s still one of my favorite cars, even though it does actively seek to kill you as you stated. They’re still fast but yeah, when compared to other cars of today in its class, it won’t keep up.
I know a guy whose wife was paralyzed in a Viper crash. His neighbor had one and was giving friends rides during a party.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I know a guy whose wife was paralyzed in a Viper crash. His neighbor had one and was giving friends rides during a party.
Ugh, that’s awful! I know safety regulations weren’t what they are now but I’m still shocked that Dodge was able to get past the safety requirements with that car. I’ve been a passenger in a gen 1 and have driven a gen 5 and even though the gen 5 felt safer it was still scary as shit when I got on it.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Ugh, that’s awful! I know safety regulations weren’t what they are now but I’m still shocked that Dodge was able to get past the safety requirements with that car. I’ve been a passenger in a gen 1 and have driven a gen 5 and even though the gen 5 felt safer it was still scary as shit when I got on it.
I have never ridden in much less driven any viper - I would like to....but I've never attempted to make that happen. The "scary" car for me was a brand new 2001-2002 Camaro SS that I test drove back in 2002 - got on it, and WOW just insane - 2015+ Mustangs are fast, but those just felt unhinged...lack of refinement I would say.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have never ridden in much less driven any viper - I would like to....but I've never attempted to make that happen. The "scary" car for me was a brand new 2001-2002 Camaro SS that I test drove back in 2002 - got on it, and WOW just insane - 2015+ Mustangs are fast, but those just felt unhinged...lack of refinement I would say.
I know what you mean, I owned one for a couple years. Less refined is a good description but still a fun car. And they look way better than the current Camaro too.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
22 Owners eat crayons. I prefer the yellow ones. Tastes like a banana.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I know what you mean, I owned one for a couple years. Less refined is a good description but still a fun car. And they look way better than the current Camaro too.
Yes, they absolutely do - and the firebird from that era was also good looking - new Camaro just never never never grew on me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, they absolutely do - and the firebird from that era was also good looking - new Camaro just never never never grew on me.
Love the Trans Am WS6 from that era. A guy in my neighborhood has one, such a cool car.

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
well I had to buy a 22' if I wanted anew one after crashing my 19' I have a little over 2000 miles on her now with the carbon filter removed and a K&N installed. I can't tell the difference, if anything it seems to pull harder. It also has better oil pressure than the 19' for whatever reason. I would have been happy to keep the 19' from now on, but since fate put me into this car, I don't feel that I some how got an inferior car compared to previous model years. The only thing I regret is the large price difference in just 3 years.

Sponsored

no rest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt Premium pp mag ride a10
Love the Trans Am WS6 from that era. A guy in my neighborhood has one, such a cool car.
yes still love mine full boltons car so much low end torque. night and day car from the mustang.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
yes still love mine full boltons car so much low end torque. night and day car from the mustang.
Yes, very different from the Mustang but still very fun. The looks have held up well over 30 years so they definitely got the design right.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. The viper accident was back in late 90s. Road was a bit wet and owner lost control. Thought he was making people happy at party by taking them for rides.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You pretty much gotta go biblical to find truer words than these right here! Now, throw AE rockin’ track mode into that mix and you’re in that hot tub full of cheerleaders zone!
[/QUOTE]
I’ll take the cheerleaders. Where do I leave the keys?
Same here. First time I got on it When I first got it I missed my shift to 3rd. Blamed myself for sloppy shifting since I hadn’t driven a stick in 30 years🤣 and never had 460hp. Closet was my Torino Cobra and that was only 375hp.
next time I got on it almost went sideways in 2nd. Drives like a bat outa hell !
I know my reflexes aren’t what they were 30 years ago so I’m playing cool. Don’t want to show up on YouTube 🤣
I drive like Jed Clampett lately on the street. Never had a V8 American car with a manual. Only an RX-7 from 1982 that shifted like butter. This thing requires more concentration and muscle than the RX-7.
Sponsored