Sponsored

Snow Meth Kit

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
Have you noticed that its not for sale ? I'm going another route for meth injection in the next couple weeks. That price is nice but its msrp is over 800. Im assuming thats why its not for sale through stage 3

OP
OP
Nihil

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Yeah didn't even look at the availability. Why even post it if its not really for sale? pfft, ive got an old cooling mist kit from my srt4 I might just install instead. Would like a specific kit for the ecoboost but not if its $800.

Punisher_15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Mustang
I'm going to go with aem. I like the boost reference controller that they are using so I will give them a shot.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Have you checked out the Aquamist systems? I like the fact that they use the fuel flow (IDC) and manifold pressure signals (MPS) from the
ECU to control the flow of water, and they use a fast-acting valve that's triggered by a PWM signal to inject the water-meth, similar to how fuel injectors work. Their systems are expensive, but they include a fail-safe, which is something I would get anyway, and once you add the cost of a fail-safe into other systems, the price difference is not that much.

It's the system I'm thinking of getting eventually, and some of the research I've done leads me to believe that with a properly set up WMI system, you wouldn't need to replace the stock intercooler, in which case the WMI system comes out much cheaper.

Here'a a link to their website: Aquamist systems

And a link to their comparison chart with other popular systems: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/forum/compare-4.gif

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Snow and Aquamist are the nicest kits on the market (I sell them both). I'm also a fan of the AEM kits for simplicity. However I'm still not a fan of meth kits on vehicles that don't allow ECU control. Failsafe's can only do so much.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Snow and Aquamist are the nicest kits on the market (I sell them both). I'm also a fan of the AEM kits for simplicity. However I'm still not a fan of meth kits on vehicles that don't allow ECU control. Failsafe's can only do so much.
Thanks for the input Adam. By ECU control, do you mean where the vehicles ECU controls the water meth spray instead of the WM kit's controller? What are some of the problems that fail-safes can't protect against? I'm still learning about WMI and am definitely interested in learning about potential problems with them.

Thanks.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
I think there is only one production car that has integrated WMI control and that's a BMW. Can you add this function via tune somehow? o_O

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I think there is only one production car that has integrated WMI control and that's a BMW. Can you add this function via tune somehow? o_O
Maybe in the future, Cobb is always engineering.

What I mean by ECU control is having the ECU know when Meth is no longer being injected and map switches. What I used to do on other vehicle is have an ECU pin grounded out when the meth is activated. That would trick the ECU in thinking it was running Extreme high intake air temperatures and flip to a different map. When Meth wasn't on it would default to the standard pump gas tune.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Maybe in the future, Cobb is always engineering.

What I mean by ECU control is having the ECU know when Meth is no longer being injected and map switches. What I used to do on other vehicle is have an ECU pin grounded out when the meth is activated. That would trick the ECU in thinking it was running Extreme high intake air temperatures and flip to a different map. When Meth wasn't on it would default to the standard pump gas tune.
Too bad we can't repurpose the low windshield washer fluid level sensor for the better good. :frusty:

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Too bad we can't repurpose the low windshield washer fluid level sensor for the better good. :frusty:
A nice meth kit will have a tank sensor.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
A nice meth kit will have a tank sensor.
I meant the ECU using the low level sensor AS the low meth tank sensor and having the supporting code. Would be easy to splice wires but the bigger question is the plausibility of such programming.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
That actually isn't a bad idea. You could do that, and just disconnect the wiper sprayer motors and run your meth injection lines out of there. When you are low on meth it will display it on your dash.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
That actually isn't a bad idea. You could do that, and just disconnect the wiper sprayer motors and run your meth injection lines out of there. When you are low on meth it will display it on your dash.
Will gladly test it for you if appropriate hardware is provided.:thumbsup: