Sponsored

Stage 3 motorsports Methanol injection kit from Snow Performance

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Anyone have any info on this kit in action? I can't find anything I guess its new but I want to get something like this.
Sponsored

LStillman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
M4dSc1ent1st
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
If you are going to spend that type of money on water/meth go with aquamist HSF4. Snow is just adding more electronics to a progressive pump system, Like the rest of them devil's own, coolingmist, AEM ect. These systems use a PWM signal to vary pump speed but this still doesn't make it a true progressive system.

Probably a little more information than you where looking for. But for reliability, tunability and over all quality Aquamist is hands down the best. Especially when you are dealing with a DI car

I haven't dealt with snow's stage 3 system but I have with their other systems along with the rest of the manufacturers listed above.

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man the more information the better

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I had the aquamist on my turbo bimmer and have nothing but good things to say. Lots of guys ran the snow stuff with good results, but those turbo setups are very different from the eco. I think if you swapped to a larger turbo with more top end hp instead of huge low end tq, that would be a better system.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Just did a little research on the Aquamist HFS-4. Nice setup. Best I've seen so far. Especially interested in the Direct Port idea.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does sound nice based off my non existent knowledge of water/methanol injection. But how safe can this really be? Especially with other modifications and a tune?

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
It does sound nice based off my non existent knowledge of water/methanol injection. But how safe can this really be? Especially with other modifications and a tune?
It's incredibly safe. Only unsafe when you run out of water/methanol and are running boost levels/timing that's aggressive enough you NEED the mixture to avoid pre-detonation.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Just did a little research on the Aquamist HFS-4. Nice setup. Best I've seen so far. Especially interested in the Direct Port idea.

Thanks for the heads up.
I also did a little research on the Aquamist HFS-4. I was wondering what the install would be like. Would there be any splicing into the factory wiring? I read some where that cutting into the injector harness to supply the water/meth kit a signal for the progressive injection rate. True?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I also did a little research on the Aquamist HFS-4. I was wondering what the install would be like. Would there be any splicing into the factory wiring? I read some where that cutting into the injector harness to supply the water/meth kit a signal for the progressive injection rate. True?
The signal has to come from somewhere. Unless someone makes a plug and play harness you'll have to do some splicing.

LStillman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
M4dSc1ent1st
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Yes you'll need to splice or vampire clip into the high pressure fuel sensor, and an injector. The system can use this as reference for injection. You can avoid this by doing a boost based injection map but in my expierence boost based eater meth is a pain to tune compared to injection based.
Sponsored