OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Well I did it, ordered the FTB Diff Cooler kit. I will be running the 5 mile Thunderhill course in June, just don't want my day torpedoed by an overheating diff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Well FTB Diff cooler is in, working and not leaking. Wont know how well it works till I head back to Thill at the end of the month. Watson Bar w/seat delete kit is in and solid. Chassis feels slightly stiffer, car defiantly has a more race like feel and look to it. I use to be proud of the fact that the car had 10k in mods on it, yet looked bone stock. Now with wheels, racier brake rotors and especially the roll bar those days are long gone. The visual track car cues are now in plain sight.

So what's next?
I'm thinking bigger radiator - Mishimoto? Suggestions?
I am also thinking about moving up to Power Pack 3 as this car is very much a track toy, and I am ok with some torque loss down low for some more top end HP.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
A little overdue, finally got some photos back from my last Thill day back in early Feb. Heading back at the end of the month with the new setup...can't wait.
GBMD6854.JPG
GBMD6938.JPG
GBMD6972.JPG
GBMD7520.JPG
GBMD8509.JPG
GBMD8534.JPG
GBMD8580.JPG
GBMD8659.JPG

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
On Friday I rolled the dice and took the car to a local performance shop for an alignment. Turned out great, $125 flat and he nailed the alignment, got everything extremely even side to side. Ill post the alignment sheet later. The target was -1.5r -2.0f, 0f toe, .10r toe.

Today I will finally be making the switch to 5W30 motor oil, sticking with motorcraft full synthetic for now. I will be running the car harder and in warmer conditions than I ever have this coming Friday as well as the rest of the summer.

Thunderhill on Friday, see you there. Ill be in B group.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
So about that oil change, I was fooled, I purchased Motorcraft 5W30 Synthetic Blend (yes you already know what I'm about to say), yesterday evening, put the car on jack stands, pulled plug, pulled filter, waited 15ish minutes, installed new filter, installed plug, put the car back on the ground, pored a bottle of Ceretec in, pored the first entire 5qt jug in. Went to grab the 2nd 5qt jug, walked by one of my old Motorcraft 5W20 quarts and noticed the gold around the text. It says full synthetic, where as the all red jug I just poured in says synthetic blend. Pulled out my phone, quick google search revealed that id just been had, some bad language followed. Ended up jacking the car back up and draining...off to the parts store bought some Castrol Edge 5W30, luckily i had another bottle of Ceretec on hand....long story short $50 mistake and fooled by Motorcraft with the word Synthetic. Guess I'm use to seeing semi-synthetic on none full synthetic jugs, then there is the fact that i just run regular oil on our regular cars (Toyota Tacoma and Honda Accord). Luckily the remaining Motorcraft synthetic blend will not go to waste, Ill just run it in the Toyota.

Fool me once.....

Anyway car is ready for the track on Friday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Update: some reading this may have seen in the driveline and HPDE sections what happened. Bottom line, something clutch related let go on the 24th, which killed my track day....kinda. My wealthy father-in-law handed me the keys to his Challenger Hellcat to at least run the already paid for track day...lets just say I had a blast hustling that big heavy car around the track, its bad in all the areas you expect for a 4400lb car. Feels very heavy in the breaking zones and at initial turn in, but once you get it to settle down in the corner it surprisingly carry's it weight very well. Straightaways are exactly what you'd expect, 700hp of push you in the seat acceleration...but I had to quickly learn to brake earlier then the Mustang, and use a bit of trail breaking to get the front end to bite on turn in. Anyway, back to the Mustang...something in the bell-housing let go. After asking around, talking to Steeda and Bill Garrett at Exedy, I ordered a Exedy Hyper Single clutch kit with OEM TOB and OEM pilot. I am in San Antonio for all of May on a business trip, so sometime in mid June I will get to that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Also, my rental car for my month stay in San Antonio is a 2019 Coyote/10R80 F150, first time i've driven one. Amazing the get-up and go it has for a big heavy truck, the 10R80 really bangs through the gears. I've never ridden in a 18+ Mustang but now have an idea of why they are so quick.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Update - finished the clutch job 2 weekends ago, have just shy of 600 miles on the hyper single...all is well with that.

pics of what i found

also ordered and received an auto-blip...will be installing soon.
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3776-2.jpeg
IMG_3777-1.jpeg
IMG_3779-1.jpeg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
When you are ready - let us know!

TJ

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Drive shaft in, with the lighter clutch/flywheel and now lighter shaft, the car is an animal in the lower gears, it spins up extremely quick. Shaft is smooth (no vibration) but there is some new noise. All my mods have certainly increased cabin noise.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Steeda Tri-Axe Race shifter ordered, with the aluminum collar. Going to try and run it inconjunction with the blowfish bracket to keep it hardmounted to the trans, I dont see why it wont work.